We spend so much time worrying and planning around the popular Disney attractions with long wait times, but what about the attractions that actually have SHORT standby lines? There are actually quite a few Disney attractions that boast standard wait times of 30 minutes or less! It is helpful to know which rides have shorter lines to plan a successful day, especially if your family is utilizing Genie + services.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park
There are quite a few attractions in Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park that usually have minimal wait times! Here are my favorites-
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress- located in Tomorrowland, this animatronic show actually rotates so guests are getting on about every 5 minutes! It’s a great attraction to take a break from the heat and sit down!
- The Mad Tea Party- this ride is located in Fantasyland and is definitely one of the most iconic Disney attractions!
- Astro Orbiter- This attraction is so much fun at night! Located in Tomorrowland, this ride uses an elevator to bring guests up to the boarding spot. It is so much fun to be up so high riding in your own little rocket.
- Magic Carpets of Aladin- This attraction is located in Adventureland and allows guests to fly on their very own magic carpet ride! This is another ride that is so much fun to experience at night.
EPCOT Park is home to some of the best Disney attractions that have low wait times. Really, there are only a few attractions at EPCOT that consistently have long lines. Here are my favorite low-wait EPCOT rides-
- Living with the Land- this dark boat ride is found in The Land Pavilion and gives guests wonderful education on farming sustainability! Guests can even see where Disney grows some of the food they serve on property!
- The Gran Fiesta Tour- located inside the pyramid in the Mexico pavilion, this boat ride features the Three Caballeros and is a fun way to cool off while walking the World Showcase.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends- this ride is located in The Seas pavilion and features the fish from Finding Nemo. It is a very cute, slow-moving dark ride.
- Spaceship Earth- So this attraction can be hit or miss with wait times. It is not uncommon to see this ride with a wait of under 30 minutes, so when I see a 45-minute or longer wait, I try back later!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has become the park that is synonymous with long waits. However, there are still a few attractions that can be experienced with very little waiting. Those are-
- MuppetVision 3-D- this hilarious and interactive 3-D show has been a favorite of mine for years! It is a huge bonus that this attraction takes place in an air-conditioned theater.
- Star Tours- this attraction can be hit or miss with wait times, but it’s not uncommon to see it with a standby line of 30 minutes or less!
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy- this show is a hit with kids who love the Disney movie, Cars!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
This park is not home to many Disney attractions that boast low wait times, but there are a few!
- It’s Tough to be a Bug- this interactive animatronic show is so cute and so much fun! It really helps that wait times are usually under 30 minutes to experience!
- Dinosaur- Dinosaur is a very hit-or-miss attraction with standby times. I’ve definitely seen the wait time at 30 minutes or less multiple times, it depends on the day and time of year.
- Kilimanjaro Safari- this is another attraction that can have standby line wait times of 30 minutes or less but can also get up to over 60 minutes. For low wait times, try riding this at rope-drop while everyone else is headed to Flight of Passage!
Even with the recent crowds at Disney World, it is still very possible to have a full day of attractions! Do you have a favorite attraction that really never has a long line?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- A Complete Guide to Planning a Perfect Walt Disney World Resort Vacation - March 13, 2023
- Nightlife at Disney- 5 Fun Places to Check Out! - March 8, 2023
- 5 Reasons We Love EPCOT’s Mexico Pavilion - March 1, 2023