Q: What changes can I expect in the near future with regard to dining at Walt Disney World?
A: Great question! Things are always changing at Walt Disney World, and dining is no exception. Sometimes we have to say farewell to old favorites (food items or eateries), sometimes we’re welcoming potential new favorites, and sometimes it’s just a little tweak. Here are the Top 5 changes coming to Walt Disney World:
- Farewells – Mizner’s Coffee Bar at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is currently not offering breakfast service. While we do not know if this is a permanent change, for now, if you’re looking for coffee in the morning at Grand Floridian, you won’t find it at Mizner’s. A possibly more permanent change is the loss of breakfast service at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, beginning in January, 2016. At least in this case, you still have the option for breakfast (with characters!) at Garden Grill.
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek – Coming in early December at Animal Kingdom is a new snack and beverage location and it couldn’t be better located! Strategically placed in front of the popular Expedition Everest attraction, it’s sure to be a favorite spot for those not quite ready to brave meeting the Yeti, or for refreshment before or after the ride.
- Tiffins Table Service Restaurant – This Signature dining experience is set to open at Animal Kingdom in Spring 2016. Serving lunch and dinner, this restaurant will be located in the back of the building that houses Pizzafari, and will have both indoor and outdoor seating, typical for most eateries at Animal Kingdom. Speculation suggests that because this is being referred to as a Signature dining location, cost will be higher, and may require 2 table service credits when using the Disney Dining Plan.
- The Ganachery – While lots of changes have been made and more are still coming to the Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) area, this new confectionery is due to open in mid-December. Creating and serving both made-before-your-eyes and pre-packaged gourmet chocolate treats, The Ganachery will be located in The Landings section of Disney Springs.
- Menu Tweak at Gaston’s Tavern – Remember the Roasted Pork Shank at Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom? Looks like it has left town, and will be replaced by Beef Stew. Hmmm, I think Gaston might have been more interested in the Pork Shank, but maybe guests will enjoy the Beef Stew a little more. Time will tell.
And those are my Top 5 changes coming soon! Did I miss something that you know is leaving, changing, or coming? Let me know! And, tell me what you think about these changes, too!
I’m Jeri and I’m a Disney Addict! I’m also a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel Services, the preferred agency of Chip and Co. and Disney Addicts, and I’d love to help you plan your next visit to any Disney destination, and I’d be happy to help determine the best dining and snack locations during your visit! You can email me for free assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019