Disneyland has so many amazing things to offer – rides, characters, and Magic! As an annual pass holder I’m lucky enough to have been able to experience the dazzling celebration that is taking place right now for the 60th Anniversary twice already this year. There are five things that I absolutely cannot miss out on when we’re at the Happiest Place on Earth and I don’t think that you should miss out on then either! Here are 5 things not to miss at Disneyland.
- Parades – There are two different parades to experience during a day at Disneyland. The first, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, takes place in the afternoon. Mickey, Donald, Princesses, and other beloved Disney movie characters such as Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Simba, and Captain Hook dance to the music. In the evening, on many occasion there are two parades, is the Paint the Night Parade! This parade is new as part of the Diamond Celebration and just like the celebration is dazzling. Disney characters light up the night with dazzling lights and bright colors.
- Fireworks – Disney has a way of making fireworks shows more than just a fireworks show. The Disneyland Forever Fireworks that are part of the Diamond Celebration combine fireworks, projected imagery, and music to dazzle Disneyland guests.
- Classic Rides – The first thing that comes to mind, besides the Mouse, at the mention on Disneyland is the rides. And there are so many great ones to take in, but the classics are some of the best. The classics were all worked on, at least in development by Walt himself. Be sure to check out the Disneyland Railroad, Jungle Cruise, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Dumbo, Matterhorn Bobsleds, It’s a Small World, Peter Pan’s Flight, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and even though it has been remade Nemo’s Submarine Voyage dates back to Walt’s time.
- Food – Disney food is just somehow better than food elsewhere. Whether it is a Dole Whip, a corn dog, a Mickey ice cream bar, or even popcorn don’t miss out on trying at least one thing while you’re at Disneyland. Remember, everything tastes better when it is shaped like Mickey.
- Toontown – Mickey’s Toontown transports you to the small town where Mickey and his friends live. The cartoon town is home to two rides, Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and Gadget’s Go Coaster, but the real draw here isn’t the rides. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Chip and Dale all have houses, or in Donald’s cases boats, that can be explored. You can also meet Mickey in his movie barn in town. Toowntown can also be found at Tokyo Disneyland.
Bonus: Just inside the park in the Disney Gallery you can see the bench that Walt was sitting on when he came up with the idea of Disneyland!
What is your one not to miss thing at Disneyland? Let us know in the comment box!
Don’t miss out on these five things or anything else that Disneyland has to offer! And it’s not too late to visit during the 60th Anniversary celebration – the Diamond Celebration will continue until September 18, 2016 so you still have time. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you to the dazzling celebration!
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019