Do you love meeting characters in the parks? I do, and so does my son. I think one of the greatest parts of meeting characters is seeing the face of a little one light up when they see their favorite character in real life instead of just on the screen. Well, the characters aren’t just for the Parks – you can meet them on board the Disney Cruise Line ships, too! Here are the top ten characters to meet on your Disney Cruise.
- Frozen – That’s right, you can meet Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, and Olaf! Frozen is still incredibly popular, and so is this character meet and greet. With that being the case this meet is a by ticket only experience. These complimentary tickets can be picked up from the shore excursions desk and you will be given a date and time to meet these royals and their carrot-nosed friend.
- Mickey – Everyone wants to meet the Mouse himself! You can meet sailor Mickey, we met him at a character breakfast, or my personal favorite is Alaska Mickey if you’re sailing to Alaska! No matter what it’s a great experience.
- Minnie – Mickey’s right hand gal can also be found around the ships. We met sailor Minnie at the character breakfast. We also met Alaska Minnie as part of a joint meet and greet with Alaska Mickey and later in the week she was hanging out with guests on the dance floor before a deck party!
- Tinkerbell – After a long flight from Pixie Hollow Tink is coming for a landing just to meet with her fans. If you’re a Tink fan be on the lookout – she zooms through the halls on the way to her meet and greet and you don’t want to miss her.
- Cinderella – This royal princess is part of another ticketed meet and greet. So, stop by the shore excursions desk for your tickets to meet Cinderella and some of her royal princess friends!
- Jake – If you have little ones that are fans of Jake and the Neverland Pirates then there is nothing better than meeting their pirate friend in real life! My son is a huge Jake fan and couldn’t get enough.
- Hook and Smee – Captain Hook and Mr. Smee can be met together and it is an especially fun meet and greet. My son had his Jake doll with him and it was great to see Captain Hook and Smee react in two completely different ways to the Pirate Pup.
- Jack Sparrow – I’m sorry, that’s Captain Jack Sparrow and if you forget he will certainly remind you. He’s great fun to meet, and my son love his hair.
- Remy – That’s right, you should be able to meet Remy, the star chef from Ratatouille! Well, that is as long as a person sized rat doesn’t freak you would. Remy is great with kids and mine loved his whiskers.
- The Incredibles – Who doesn’t want to meet superheroes? You can fulfill this goal by meeting Mr. and Mrs. Incredible together!
Remember, that not all characters are guaranteed and they are subject to change. No matter who you get to meet on your cruise it will certainly be memorable.
Who is your favorite character to meet onboard a Disney Cruise? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I loved meeting characters on my family’s cruise! I would be more than happy to help you plan and book your next magical vacation! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019