What is and Isn’t Included on a Disney Cruise?
Cruising has returned to *almost* normal and many guests have returned to sailing with Disney Cruise Line. Disney Cruise Line (DCL) is a premium cruise line and rates tend to be higher than other cruise lines. The reason for the higher pricing is DCL is more inclusive. So, what exactly is and isn’t included in the cost of a Disney cruise?
The main thing included in your cruise fare is your stateroom and all applicable taxes and port fees. There are four main room categories: Inside, Oceanview, Oceanview with Verandah, and Concierge.
Most dining is included in the cost of your cruise. Three sit-down meals a day; all-day casual buffets and snacks (soft-serve ice cream, burgers, pizza, wraps, hot dogs, etc.); unlimited tap water, coffee, tea, milk, juice, and soft drinks; and 24-hour room service.
There are some specialty (signature dining) restaurants that charge a fee. Alcoholic beverages, smoothies, non-alcoholic specialty drinks, specialty coffees, and all bottled water also cost extra.
Entertainment & Activities
Most on-ship entertainment and activities are included in the price.
- Nightly Broadway-style musicals
- Movie screenings, including first-run and 3D films
- Family activities including trivia games, live musicians and other entertainers, animation workshops, and more
- Disney character experiences
- Deck parties and fireworks at sea
- Special events during holiday or themed cruises
- Youth club activities for kids ages 3 to 17
- Access to pool areas, water slides, and splash areas
- Access to the fitness room (ages 18 and up)
If you’d like to experience excursions in the different ports you stop at or at Disney’s Castaway Cay, those are an extra cost. You can book a lot of those through your Disney Cruise Line account ahead of time. Other onboard costs you might want to factor in include souvenirs, Senses Spa treatments, other salon services, onboard photography services, and the nursery for children under 3.
If you’d like to plan your next Disney cruise, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I’d love to help you plan a magical cruise.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Guide to Disney Wish Rotational Dining - September 22, 2022
- Cast Members Share a Look Behind the Magic of Epcot - September 21, 2022
- Has booking a Disney Vacation become too complicated? - September 20, 2022