Question: What is Characters In Flight?
Characters In Flight is a very unique experience offered at Downtown Disney in Florida. It is an exclusive hot air balloon ride designed for all ages to enjoy! A magnificent hand painted helium balloon takes you on an 8 – 10 minute ride high in the sky! You will have a 360 degree view of the Downtown Disney area! This will include the Cirque du Soleil tent, resorts and surrounding theme parks areas! You will have to look to see exactly what you can make out from your ride in the sky!
Somethings you should know before you go!
- Maximum capacity is affected by wind speeds. The balloon will not fly if winds exceed 22 mph or if there is a storm. Please note that the balloon is tethered and will not travel beyond 400 feet at any time.
- Bags, food and drink, smoking and strollers are not permitted. Guests must transfer from their motorized scooter or ECV to an available wheelchair to experience this attraction.
- Guests over 9 years of age are permitted to ride by themselves. However, children under 9 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
- Expectant mothers should not ride. This attraction is not recommended for those prone to motion sickness, vertigo, heart problems or any other condition that may be aggravated by flight.
Currently pricing is $12.00 for a child and $18.00 for an adult. Be sure to watch for amazing deals on Groupon for this attraction!
My name is Jen Perkins. I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel Services. I’m a Disney Destination Specialist. I am also a writer for Chip and Co. and Disney Addicts. If you have any questions regarding Characters In Flight or other amazing things to do in Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World, please do not hesitate to ask! You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you and help you plan your next “magical” vacation!
You can also visit my facebook page here for more details on Disney World, updates on promotions, articles and upcoming events all related to Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Studios and much more! You will also find an array of photos of many of these amazing places!
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019