Epcot center is the Theme park which houses future world and the world showcase, there is so many things going on, so many things to do and so much to see. It is very easy not to notice something as you are rushing from one area to another, however walking past Innoventions is not something you want to do, why? Well read on!
Innoventions are two buildings located in the center of future world, one is Innovention West and the other is Innoventions East. Over the years these buildings have housed many exhibits, shows, interactive areas and sponsors. The main theme through out the years has always been learning through doing and entertainment. I remember going s a young child and not wanting to leave, I also remember trying to get my children to leave when they were young. Disney always has a magical way of educating us in such a way that most of us do not even realize it is happening.
Innoventions West is currently housing only one attraction and that is the Character spot, this is where you can take pictures, interact and get autographs from Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. The lines here are sometimes very long and if you or your little ones are only spending one day in Walt Disney World and only visiting Epcot this may be your only chance to get these picture, you can fast pass this attraction. You can get full use of your memory maker here as all of the photos taken here will be transferred to your memory maker account! The rest of Innoventions West is currently closed, hopefully there are some fun new exhibits in the works as we speak, make sure to check back periodically to see if anything new is popping up!
Innoventions East, which is just across the way from West, is currently housing four exhibits and has one on the way, a brand new exhibit called Colortopia will be opening shortly, read all about it here. Now lets talk a little about what is currently here:
- Habit Heroes – presented by Florida Blue and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. This exhibit is all about healthy lifestyle, it is a game where you team up with Quench, Dynamo and Fuel and play interactive games learning all about living healthy, a fun way to learn an important lesson in health!
- StormStruck – presented by FLASH (Federal Alliance for Safe Homes). This is one of my favorite exhibits, it may be a little too intense for smaller children so you may want to switch off during the show, there is a child play areas right outside the theater. You are in a theater which simulates a vicious storm, you learn how to protect yourself and home from these types of storms. Once the show is over you can post card directly home from the weather safe Kiosks!
- Take a Nanooze Break – presented by Cornell University and National Science Foundation. Now is the chance for you to seem like a giant as you explore the world on a nanometer scale. There is so many things for children to see and fuss with that you will be able to relax for a few (there are plenty of seats present) and let them just enjoy themselves.
- The Sum of All Thrills – presented by Raytheon. Here is where you get to be in charge of your own personal roller coaster, how fast, wild or mild this roller coaster is is all up to you! Once you are finished creating you perfect roller coaster its your turn to ride!! Don’t worry if you went a little crazy building a way too intense ride there is an emergency stop button that will immediately stop the ride.
- Colortopia – Opening to park visitors in fall 2015, construction is currently underway to bring the Colortopia experience to life for children and adults of all ages. Pairing the magic of the park experience with the magical role color plays in our lives is an exciting opportunity for the Glidden brand. More details to come soon.
Whenever I am in Epcot I make sure to stop in Innoventions, see whats new and check out my favorite exhibits! It is a great place to visit while it is raining, just be warn sometime it is very hard to get the children to leave this fun area!
Now that you have read about all the fun times to be had at Innoventions are you ready to add this into your next touring plan at Walt Disney World? What type of fun have you had at Innoventions, please comment below!
Ready to book your next trip to Walt Disney World? Contact me today and we can start working on your magical vacation today! Karenasaro@worldofmagictravel.com
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019