When is the Best Time to Visit Disney World in 2023?
There is so much to do and see at Walt Disney World! When planning your trip, your first question is likely “when is the best time to visit Disney World?”. We’ve put together our list of the best times to visit Disney World in 2023.
The problem here is what’s best for one family might not be best for another family. There’s no one size fits all and you can have a magical trip no matter when you go. When deciding the best time to visit Disney World, we look at crowd levels, weather, special events, and more.
One of the best times to visit Disney World is when crowds are lower. It used to be easier to predict lower crowd dates but since the parks reopened after the pandemic, it’s hard to tell anymore. However, with Disney requiring guests to make park pass reservations, you can see ahead of time if the parks will be busy.
In our opinion, visiting the parks when it is not scorching hot is one of the best times to visit as well. The parks are more enjoyable when you aren’t constantly looking for shade or trying to stay hydrated.
The best times to go to Disney World typically coincide with school schedules. When children are in school, families are less likely to go on vacation. You’ll also want to avoid runDisney race weekends.
Here are some of the best times to visit Disney World next year:
- 9-13: This is the week after school’s holiday break and a runDisney event
- 17-31: The parks will be busy during Martin Luther King Jr. weekend
- 1-16: Kids are officially back in school and the weather is still pretty cool during the day
- 27-28: Right after another runDisney event
- 1-10: Most schools won’t be out for Springs Break until the 2nd week of March so these dates should be a great time to visit!
- 17-30: By now, the Spring Breakers should be back in school and there won’t be any runDisney events during these dates
- All weekdays in the first half of the month: weekends will see more locals and schools let out towards the end of the month
JUNE & JULY
- We don’t recommend visiting during June and July if you can help it. School is out for the summer, the weather is hot and humid, and it’s just not the best time for a vacation where everyone else is heading.
- The last half of August is better for visiting. School is back in session for most but the weather will still be hot.
- Most days in September are good for visiting Disney World. The only dates we don’t recommend are the 1-4. That is Labor Day weekend.
- Most weekdays in October are great. Avoid Columbus Day weekend which is October 7-9, 2023. Weekends will see more guests at the parks, especially if Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is happening.
- Weekdays in November are also good. Avoid Thanksgiving week though. November 21-26 are dates we would not recommend.
- 1-15: Any dates after the first couple of weeks will get busier. Avoid Christmas and New Year’s!
Take these dates as a guideline. We always say anytime you can visit Disney World is the best time to visit! Also, keep in mind new ride openings and Epcot festivals when planning your trip. TRON Lightcycle Run is scheduled to open in the spring of 2023 and Epcot has multiple festivals scheduled throughout the year. If you want to visit before the Disney World 50th anniversary celebration ends, you’ll want to visit before March 31, 2023.
If you’d like help deciding the best time to visit Disney World, contact me today! I am the preferred travel partner with Disney Addicts and my services are complimentary. I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.