Some days are better than others. If you’re feeling down in the dumps, it can sometimes feel impossible to get out. This list is by no means a cure but is simply intended to be a grouping of 10 Disney films that are filled with love, humor, and positivity. The sadness is minimal and the main characters flourish. Check out the 10 below and let us know which ones you would watch!
- Mary Poppins (1964)
- This book turned timeless classic has never strayed as being the film to lift the spirits. You are not only transported with its beautiful music and imagery – but several times throughout the film.
- Tangled (2010)
- Escape with Rapunzel from her tower and watch her try to make her own dreams come true – with the help of Flynn Ryder of course. Watch a girl become an independent woman, who just needed a little push!
- The Aristocats (1970)
- This lighthearted tale is meant to take you out of your home and into the French countryside. If you love singing and cats, you’re almost guaranteed to have your spirits lifted watching this film.
- Aladdin (1992)
- A street rat dreaming of so much more? I think we all can relate to that. But even if you cant, the humor and genius of Robin Williams is still astonishing to watch all these years later.
- Robin Hood (1973)
- Robin Hood is simply a great adventure film. To sum it all up, he does what is right for the people around him – and that’s enough to make anyone a little happy, isn’t it?
- Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
- This film has everything. Adventure, humor, singing, Muppets, TIM CURRY SINGING – and much much more. Plus, we watch Jim Hawkins explore the great wide ocean, looking for his place in the world. Relatable, amiright?
- Hercules (1998)
- Going from Zero to Hero? How about Going the Distance? Can we get a more encouraging movie than this? Okay, okay, Herc is descended from royalty – but even the son of Zeus needs some encouragement to realize there is so much more out there!
- The Emperor’s New Groove (2000)
- The Emperor’s New Groove has hilarious baddies, llamas, and of course – Kronk. This film seems like its determined to make you smile – and it is almost guaranteed to do just that.
- The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Our girl Ariel just wants to explore what’s out there. She not only gives her voice but sacrifices everything she knows for a taste of something different – and she’s supposed to be 16!
- Moana (2016)
- Unlike Ariel, Moana wants to explore the vast ocean around her – and Maui to guide her, she is determined to right what is wrong. Even when struggling, Moana still manages to gather her strength and persevere making this a great film to watch on a down day.
Let us know what film you would add to this lean list of ten! And if you are feeling more than glum, make sure you reach out to speak to someone you trust or a counceler. We’ve listed some resources below.
- Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Expedition Everest - April 9, 2021
- Everything We Know about the Disneyland Reopening - April 6, 2021
- Celebrate the 56th Anniversary of The Sound of Music with these 10 Facts! - April 2, 2021