With Toy Story Land officially open its fun-filled gates to the public, we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d take some time to celebrate all the new attractions still to be added to Walt Disney World’s already stellar line-up in the years ahead!
1. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – No sooner had the last lick of paint been added to Toy Story Land than Disney was rushing to announce yet another exciting attraction that will be added to Hollywood Studios in 2019. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy promises to be a high-octane first-of-its-kind new show that promises to put guests right in the middle of the world of Pixar’s Cars franchise and will have you saying “Ka-Chow.” Located near to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, this new stage show will feature Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Cruz Ramirez and other familiar residents of Radiator Springs as he gears up for a special challenge.
2. Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – This Walt Disney World Moderate Resort is getting one of the most extensive renovations in recent memory. As the refurbishment nears completion the end of this year, visitors will get to enjoy a wide range of updated features including a re-imagined Old Port Royale which will serve as the resort’s new port of entry featuring a central reception area, shops and dining. The waterfront has been expanded and Table Service Restaurant Shutters will now offer waterfront al fresco dining. Other additions included a poolside bar and the introduction of Disney’s newest transportation system – Skyliner (see below). For more information on the changes coming to Caribbean Beach check out this article.
3. The Skyliner – Move over resort buses, friendship boats and monorails, Disney’s is currently working on a new gondola system dubbed Skyliner. These cable cars will service visitors staying at Pop Century, Art of Animation and Caribbean Beach Resort and will also make stops at Epcot’s World Showcase and Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner system promises an incredible bird’s eye views of the theme parks and resorts and will feature cars themed after some of your favorite Disney characters making it look like they are riding right along with you. For more information on Skyliner check out this article.
4. Star Wars Land and Resort – Star Wars is coming to Hollywood Studios in a massive way in 2019 with two incredible experiences for guests. Galaxy’s Edge is the name being given to this new land. Here guests can expect a fully immersive Star Wars experience that will put visitors behind the wheel of the Millennium Falcon as well as in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. There will also be new dining options as well as an open marketplace. However, if there’s one area, in particular, that has sent Star Wars fans into a frenzy, its the news that Disney World will also be introducing a new Star Wars-themed resort. The minute guests enter this property they’ll become a citizen of the galaxy and all that entails from dressing in the proper attire to mingling with characters. There will also be exclusive immersive adventures for guests staying at the property. As of going to print no official dates have been announced.
5. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – The Great Movie Ride housed in the stunning replica of the Chinese Theatre at Hollywood Studios was closed last Summer to make way for the first ride at Disney World to focus on Mickey and Pals. The attraction will totally immerse guests in a cartoon world and will feature a new catchy theme song created just for the attraction. Disney has released exciting new details this week including the news that the ride will start off with the premiere of a new cartoon short with Mickey and Minnie preparing for a picnic. Heading out, they are soon driving along a train being manned by non-other than Goofy! Before you know it, you step into the movie and onto Goofy’s train for a fun-filled and wacky ride.
6.Guardians of the Galaxy Themed Roller Coaster – Last Summer, Epcot’s Universe of Energy officially closed its doors to make way for an exciting new attraction that will introduce this much-loved rockin Marvel franchise to Disney World visitors. Much surrounding the project has been hush-hush however Disney has recently shared a clip showing the track being laid for what would appear to be an incredible coaster featuring Star-Lord, Gamora, Groot, Rocket and pals. We also know that the attraction will use the existing Universe of Energy facade as the entrance to the all-new thrill ride. As of going to print, Disney has yet to announce an official opening date for this hotly anticipated attraction.
7. Ratatouille Ride – Epcot’s World Showcase will definitely get some more “kid appeal” with the announcement made during D23 last year that the theme park will be adding a Ratatouille ride to the France Pavilion. Though not much has been revealed about the project, Disney fans are expecting it to be similar to the Ratatouille attraction currently at Disneyland Paris. The European version of the ride is dubbed: Ratatouille: The Adventure and offers a 4D experience following Remy the rat and his friends who are cooking up a delicious storm. However, it’s not long before the rats are discovered by Chef Skinner who chases them (and visitors) through a famous Parisian restaurant. Construction is already underway for the project but no official opening date has been announced as of yet.
8. Space-themed Restaurant –Last year Disney announced that a new Space-aged eatery will be constructed at Epcot’s Future World. Located next to Mission: Space, the restaurant will be designed to make visitors feel like they are dining in space. The dining rooms will feature large windows offering panoramic views of space giving guests the feeling that they are dining while in orbit and looking down at the planet Earth. Patina Restaurant Group which also owns Morimoto Asia and Via Napoli will operate this new eatery.
9. Tron Coaster – Magic Kingdom is slated to get yet another fantastic coaster. Based on the highest ranked attraction at Shanghai Disneyland, a TRON-themed attraction will be added to Tomorrowland near Space Mountain. Few details have been released regarding this project, however, Disney aficionados expect it to be similar to TRON Lightcycle Power Run at Shanghai Disneyland which is a coaster where riders board a train of tw0-wheeled Lightcycles for a surreal journey.
10. Disney Riviera Resort – Disney announced earlier this year that they would begin construction on Walt Disney World’s newest resort, a DVC-focused property dubbed Disney Riviera Resort. The property will be located near Epcot and will be on the route of Disney’s new Skyliner system. The new property will feature a rooftop restaurant where guests can see both the Epcot and Hollywood Studios fireworks. There will be a total of 300 units at this property spread across a range of DVC villa types included studios, 1 and 2 bedroom options. No word yet on an opening date.
These are just some of the amazing changes coming to Walt Disney World in the years ahead. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. as we continue to keep you abreast of these 10 exciting projects as well as any new announcements coming your way in 2018.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 13 Seasonal Shots You’ll Want to Be Sure to Capture During Your Halloween Disneyland Visit - September 26, 2018
- Its Discount Day! Disney Releases Play, Stay and Dine and Room Discount Offer for Early 2019 - September 26, 2018
- Fall-Flavored Treats You Have to Try at Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort - September 25, 2018