With over 200 places to eat available throughout Walt Disney World Resort, it’s no surprise that Disney is home to some of the best desserts around! Whether you stick to classic treats or prefer something a little more unique, Disney has a dessert for you! Even though it would be no problem for me to list off dozens of my favorite sweet snacks from Disney World, today I’m just going to keep it to 10.
1. Dole Whip- Perhaps the most iconic snack of all, the pineapple Dole Whip, is a frozen pineapple soft serve. Available throughout the parks and also at a few Disney World Resort Hotels the Dole Whip is an absolute must-have for many Disney guests. What could make a Dole Whip even better? Add rum! If you’re 21 or older, you can add a shot of rum to your Dole Whip at select locations.
2. A Mickey Premium Bar- Another classic snack you can’t go wrong with, the Mickey Premium bar is vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate and comes in the shape of everyone’s favorite mouse. You can find Mickey’s Premium Bars throughout the parks.
3. ‘Ohana Bread Pudding a la Mode- Bread pudding, bananas, ice cream, and caramel sauce…what’s not to love? Once you try this delicious dessert featured at ‘Ohana inside Disney’s Polynesian Villiage Resort, you’ll want to keep coming back for more!
4. Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake- This delectable treat is featured at Liberty Tree Tavern, inside of Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park. This dessert is made up of a gooey cookie-like cake topped with ice cream, caramel, and chocolate-covered toffee bits.
5. Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse- This unique confection is just as beautiful as it is tasty! This one-of-a-kind treat can be found at Satu’li Canteen in Pandora-The World of Avatar inside of Disney’s Animal kingdom Park. Underneath the shiny bright blue shell, lies a soft, blueberry cheesecake mousse topped with lemon curd. This is definitely not a dessert to miss.
6. Beaches & Cream Kitchen Sink- For those of you who do not mess around when it comes to your desserts, look no further than the “Kitchen Sink” ice cream dish featured at Beaches & Cream located at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. The Kitchen Sink is absolutely bursting with sugary treats and includes pretty much everything but the kitchen sink… You may need to share this one- it’s huge!
7. Cheshire Cat Tail- Found at Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park, this unique pastry treat is basically a Danish Twist with colorful stripes of icing to resemble the colors of the Chesire Cat. This sweet snack is colorful and delicious.
8. School Bread- This popular treat is found at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe inside of the Norway Pavilion at Epcot. School Bread is made up of a sweet bread roll filled with vanilla custard and topped with sweet icing and toasted coconut.
9. Pongu Lumpia- Found at Pongu Pongu located in Pandora-World of Avatar inside of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, Pongu Lumpia is basically a pineapple and cream cheese spring roll. The combination of sweet and savory flavors this delicious snack offers will have your taste buds singing.
10. The Grey Stuff- Try the Gray Stuff- it’s delicious! Seriously though, the Gray Stuff really is worth the trip to Be Our Guest Restaurant inside Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park. The Grey Stuff comes in a variety of forms and can only be found at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
As you can see, Disney has loads of options when it comes to satisfying that sweet tooth! Which dessert would you like to try?
- A Complete Guide to EPCOT’s International Festival of the Holidays - October 27, 2020
- 5 Reasons You Should Take an Adult-Only Trip to Disney World - October 26, 2020
- A Guide to All the Live Entertainment Coming to EPCOT’s International Festival of the Holidays - October 26, 2020