10 Ways To Celebrate Women’s History Month At Walt Disney World!
In March we celebrate Women’s History Month with Disney heroines and their achievements! If you are visiting Walt Disney World anytime soon, you can join the celebration with these 10 ways to recognize, honor and amplify the stories of countless women in charge of many of the fun experiences at the parks, take a look:
EXPLORE EPCOT FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL
The Epcot Flower & Garden is in full bloom right now! During your visit you can admire and take a picture with the fearless topiaries of Tiana and the Madrigal sisters, and after that you an head to the Garden Rocks Concert Series with a variety of female performers taking the stage like Berlin and the Pointer Sisters!
GET INSPIRED WITH DISNEY SPRINGS ART WALK
Over at Disney Springs you can check out the work of super talented women like Stacey Aoyama, Leah Abucayan, Nani Chacon and Nneka Jones. Guest can also experience artwork from Thao Huyhn French from March 18 through April 1.
HAVE FUN WITH LIVE ENTERTAINMENT AT DISNEY SPRINGS
Also at Disney Springs on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays, you can enjoy acts and bands like Ladies of Motown, The Betties and talented performers at Orange Node, Waterview Park, Waterside Stage and Dockside Margaritas.
MAKE MEMORIES WITH DISNEY MAGIC SHOTS
Have fun with Disney Magics inspired in amazing female characters like Edna Mode, Madrigal sisters, Tiana or props inspired by Disney Legends like Harriet Burns, Leota Toombs and Mary Blair.
STRIKE A POSE WITH RESORT PHOTO BACKDROPS
Take advantage of unique photo silhouette backdrops at most resort hotels and have fun taking amazing photos and sharing on social media with the #CelebrateHERStory.
MEET YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Meet your favorite heroic characters like Mrs. Incredible, Edna Mode and more at Hollywood Studios during the day! You will have tons of fun.
ENJOY FEMALE CHEF CREATED DISHES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Female chefs at Walt Disney World are super talented! These are just a few of the dishes you can’t miss:
- Chef Assistant Ashley created the Chocolate MuseYou! A cake that can be found at Disney’s All Star Resorts with flavors that represent a balance of strength (orange-ginger), bold (black currant) and beauty (chocolate)!
- Coconut flan created by Chef Assistant Meg at Disney’s Coronado Springs inspired by her love of flowers, bright flavors and surrealism.
- The Sponge Cake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot was created by Chef Assistant Anna and inspired by Marie Curie. As a Polish woman, Anna was inspired by fellow Pole Marie Carie, the renowned physicist and chemist.
SAVOR CRAFTED COCKTAILS AND WINES FEATURING WOMEN OWNED BUSINESSES ACROSS THE RESORT
The Ginger Whiskey at Tiffins Restaurant and Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom feature Uncle Nearest Whiskey, which is both a black and woman owned and operated business.
At Disney Springs, City Works Eatery & Pour House has crafted a special beer flight with beers made by women owned or women led breweries.
Over at Magic Kingdom, you can discover the McBride Sisters Wine at Cinderella’s Royal Table. The McBride Sisters Wine Company as a Black-owned and female led wine business. Select wines includes:
- McBride Sisters Sparkling Brut Rose, Hawke’s Bay
- McBride Sisters Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
- McBride Sisters Chardonnay, Central Coast
INDULGE IN WOMEN INSPIRED TREATS AT DISNEY SPRINGS
If you are visiting Disney Springs, check out The Ganachery and try a treat inspired by Ahsoka Tano called The Ahsoka Pop! A plant based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with 65% dark chocolate. The inside swirl represents the blue and white stripped head tails of Ahsoka Tano and the outside is hand decorated with the fulcrum symbol. You can’t miss it!
LEARN MORE ABOUT WOMEN OF IMAGINEERING
Learn more about the women behind the amazing experiences at Walt Disney World while waiting in line or take a break from the crowds with the Play Disney Parks app trivia game highlighting current and former female Disney Imagineers and the incredible contributions they have made to The Walt Disney Company.
These are just a few of all the ways your can celebrate Women’s History Month at Walt Disney World!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- The Universal Mardi Gras: International Flavors Of Carnaval Happening Now At Universal Studios Florida! - February 2, 2024
- Pixar Place Hotel Is Now Officially Open At The Disneyland Resort! - February 1, 2024
- 50 Minnie Mouse Inspired Gifts To Celebrate Galentine’s Day! - January 26, 2024