It is absolutely true that Walt Disney World is a food lovers paradise. As a matter of fact, one of our favorite activities at Walt Disney World is traversing the parks and resorts in search of tasty new treats. If you’re a Disney foodie like we are then you’ll want to jot down some of the fantastic new menu additions now available. Be sure to give one or two a try during your next visit and let us know which ones are your favorite!
1. Deep Fried Twinkies – Part of the fun of visiting the theme parks is having treats so decadent and sinful that you’d only ever dare to try them while at Disney. In that case, this treat found at Friar’s Nook Definitely fits the bill. Its those much-loved Twinkies from your childhood dipped in batter, fried and topped with your choice of strawberry, chocolate, vanilla or caramel sauce.
2. Hawaiian Flatbread Pizza – Whenever we visit the Magic Kingdom, a foodie highlight for us is the incredible flatbread pizzas being served up at Pinocchio Village Haus adjacent to “its a small world.” Here guests will find the standard varieties and our favorite the flatbread of the month which Disney changes up 12 times a year. The flatbread on offer this month is a delicious Hawaiian version topped with pineapple, ham, cheese and red sauce.
3. Short Rib Sandwich – We here at Disney Addicts were pretty excited to hear that Adventureland eatery Tortuga Tavern would remain open throughout the year and equally as excited at the new items added to the menu. The Short Rib Sandwich is a highlight and consists of a Chipotle BBQ Short Rib and Citrus Slaw served with a side of chips. This restaurant is also the perfect location for those looking to score one of those famous Magic Kingdom turkey legs.
4. Pre-historic Margarita – We’ve long loved Restarauntosaurus at Animal Kingdom for it’s slightly out-of-the-way location, fun menu and ample seating and now we have yet another reason to think its awesome. The restaurant has had a couple of updates to its menu. Our favorite is the new Prehistoric Margarita. This tasty tipple features Jose Cuervo Tequila, Triple Sec and lime juice. Another notable addition to the menu is the Battered Fish which is served with French Fries.
5. Happy Daze – Speaking of cocktails, another libation we’ve fallen in love with is the Happy Daze which you can find at the ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This drink is a delightful combination of Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Banana Liqueur, Grenadine and pineapple juice! This Quick Service eatery also has new platters on offer including a Shrimp Platter, Fish and Shrimp Platter and Shrimp and Chicken Platter. Each entree comes with steak fries and coleslaw.
6. Happy Trails Mix – If you’re a fan of the Chip n’ Dale Trail Mixes found throughout Walt Disney World (like we are!) then you’ll definitely want to be on the lookout for this beauty. Found at Westward Ho in Magic Kingdom’s Frontierland, the Happy Trails Mix is a perfect on-the-go-treat. It comes with house-made marshmallows, pretzels, chocolate gems and mixed nuts.
7. Butterscotch Bread Pudding – We absolutely love the Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. Where else can you sip a bottomless milkshake with breathtaking views of Cinderella Castle? They’ve also introduced the perfect dessert for those with a sweet tooth. The Butterscotch Bread Pudding now gracing the menu is nothing short of delicious and is drizzled with caramel. Trust us, its the perfect ending to lovely Magic Kingdom meal.
8. BBQ Chicharrones – If it looks like pork rinds and tastes like pork rinds, it’s pork rides! However, these ones are done Disney-style and are perfect for those buckaroos wondering through Frontierland. You’ll find these pork cracklings with BBQ seasoning at Golden Oak Outpost. Another tasty addition to the menu are the Chili Cheese Waffle Fries served with chili and white queso cheese sauce.
9. All-Beef Buffalo Chicken Hot Diggity Dog – For Magic Kingdom visitors with hearty appetites, head on over to Casey’s Corner on Main Street and try out their Hot Diggity Dog of the month. For February the tasty treat features an all-beef hot dog topped with chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, celery and a garlic ranch drizzle.
10. Peanut Butter Ice Cream – While you’re on Main Street, save room for dessert and head on over to Plaza Ice Cream Parlor where their flavor of the month for February is delicious Peanut Butter. Whether it’s in a waffle bowl sundae, wedged between two warm chocolate chip cookies or in a cone we think it makes the perfect treat on those hot Orlando afternoons.
11. Babybel – And finally for those that haven’t heard, Mini Babybel Cheese will start being offered at a variety of food, beverage and merchandise locations across Walt Disney World Resort. As the official snack cheese of Walt Disney World, you’ll be able to find them in single or triple packs. They’ll also be featured at Woody’s Lunch Box, the new walk-up quick service window that will open as part of the new Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios.
These are just a few of the new tasty delights you can find at Walt Disney World. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news and updates for all you Disney foodies!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019