Disney held a D23 Expo in Japan this week where new details were released about Disneyland’s New Pixar Pier area slated to open this Summer. This re-imagined land (formerly Paradise Pier) will feature four whimsical neighborhoods representing much-loved Pixar stories, newly themed attractions, eateries, retail outlets and more. To keep you up to speed on all things Pixar Pier, here are a few things mentioned at D23 this week that we thought worth passing on to our readers.
1. The official opening date of Pixar Pier is June 23rd – There was a lot of speculation on when we might see the opening of Disneyland’s re-imagined Pier area but Disney made it official this week. Pixar Pier will open on Saturday, June 23rd, exactly a week before Toy Story Land opens over on the West Coast at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney hasn’t released any information regarding soft openings, media events or Passholder previews for Pixar Pier as of yet. Readers should watch this space and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest updates.
2. Guests will enter Pixar Pier through a new themed marquee – Guests will know they’ve officially arrived when greeted with a new marquee topped by the iconic Pixar lamp.
3. The headlining attraction at Pixar Pier will be the Incredicoaster – California Screamin’ is being re-imagined into a coaster themed after the much-loved Incredibles films. The ride includes new character moments, updated ride vehicles, a mid-century modern style loading area, characters galore and fantastic special effects. Other additions to Pixar Pier will include a new Inside Out attraction (expected to open later in the year)as well as updates to Mickey’s Fun Wheel including gondolas highlighting favorite Pixar characters.
4. New Incredibles-themed float joining the “Paint the Night Parade” – The Incredibles theme will be carried over to the popular “Paint the Night Parade” with a new float that will feature Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone. The new float will feature high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century modern style of the films. Innovative visual technology will also bring Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack to life showcasing their superhero powers in very surprising ways.
It’s shaping up to be an exciting Summer at Disneyland Resort and this is just one of the many exciting Pixar Pier announcements we are expecting in the lead-in to Pixar Fest this Summer. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Pixar Pier news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019