Disney Pixar’s Ratatouille is the story of a rat, named Remy, who can cook and makes an unusual alliance with a young kitchen worker, named Linguini, at a famous restaurant. It’s an adorable movie with a great message that ANYONE can cook. Here are some fun facts about this animated film you might not have known!
- Remy, the main rat character, was originally named Art.
2. To find out what a lightning-struck mushroom would look like, the artists put a flame torch to a real cheese covered mushroom.
3. The soup Remy creates in Gusteau’s kitchen is potato leek.
4. Colette rides a “Calahan” branded motorcycle, named after Sharon Calahan, the director of photography for Ratatouille.
5. To save time, the artists at Pixar skipped one detail – none of the human characters have any toes.
6. The evil Bomb Voyage from The Incredibles makes a cameo in Ratatouille.
7. When conducting research in Paris, the filmmakers took more than 4,500 reference photos.
8. Gusteau’s is located on the left bank of the Seine in the 5th arrondissement in Paris.
9. Linguini’s little apartment is located in the Montmartre section of Paris.
10. Skinner’s name is a nod to behavioral psychologist B.F. Skinner, famous for his experiments with rats.
11. 43 crewmembers attended cooking classes to research the world of a French kitchen.
12. More than 270 pieces of food were created digitally. Every item was prepared in a real kitchen, then photographed, then eaten.
13. Chef Thomas Keller of The French Laundry in Napa Valley created the ratatouille served to Anton Ego.
What is your favorite fun fact about Disney Pixar’s Ratatouille? Let us know!
If you’d like to start planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! My name is Sara Solberg and I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures, a Disney Earmarked agency. I will help you plan an amazing trip at no extra cost to you!