The Halloween Season at Disneyland Resort is upon us! This means fantastic decor, Halloween themed overlays to some of our favorite attractions and more! If you’re lucky enough to be at Disneyland Resort this Fall you’ll definitely want to have your cameras at the ready to capture the magic! For those looking for a little bit of Instagram inspiration, here are 13 spooktacular seasonal touches just dying to be photographed!
1.Snag a snapshot on Main Street, U.S.A. – No Halloween shot is more iconic than the Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern on Main Street U.S.A. Be sure to stop and photograph this big dose of Mickey-inspired Halloween magic.
2. Strike a pose with Vampirina – New for this Halloween Season, much-loved Disney Junior character Vampirina will be on hand to meet guests at pose of photos. You’ll find her at Disney California Adventure Park in front of the “Disney Junior Dance Party!”
3. Capture the frightfully delightful decor on Buena Vista Street – During the Halloween Season at Disney California Adventure, Buena Vista Street is decked out. Most see photo ops include the haunting Headless Horseman statue across from Carthay Circle as well as well as Oogie Boogie looming large over the parks entrance marquee.
4. Capture the creepiness of Haunted Mansion Holiday – Each Halloween Jack and Sally materialize in New Orleans Square near the Haunted Mansion. Combine a photo op with them with a ride on your doom buggy through this special Tim Burton-esque take on the classic attraction.
5. Pose with Mickey in his Halloween finery – During the Halloween Season at Disneyland Resort you can catch the “Fab Five”- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto sport their favorite Halloween costumes. Be on the lookout for them along Buena Vista Street in California Adventure.
6. Watch intergalactic phantasms appear in your Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy photos – During Halloween, Tomorrowland’s beloved Space Mountain is transformed into a haunting ride through the cosmos. This seasonal overlay features spook sounds, chilling spirits and an on-ride photo that captures the entire eerie experience!
7. Capture The Collector’s Fortress after dark – Again this Halloween Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT! will get a season transformation to Guardians of the Galaxy- Monsters After Dark. This special version of this popular headliner features all new exterior lighting that you won’t want to miss!
8. Cruise through the fun-filled Radiator Screams – While at California Adventure park be sure to pop by one of our favorite places to visit each Halloween. Cars Land gets a playful Halloween-themed makeover. You can take a spin on Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and capture the cleverness of the amazing Halloween decorations you’ll find scattered about.
9. Check out the residents of Radiator Springs in their “car-stumes” – You’ll have a laugh seeing Lightning McQueen, Mater and friends all dress up for the holiday season. Mater will be dressed up as a “van-pire”, Lightning as a superhero, Cruz Ramirez as a pirate, Red Fire Truck as a clown and DJ as a punk rocker.
10. Capture photos of the festive food and beverage – You’ll find incredible Halloween-inspired eats around every corner. New offerings this year include the sweet potato hand pie, chocolate graveyard sponge cake or layered pumpkin cheesecake at Jolly Holiday Bakery and Cafe at Disneyland. Over at Disney California Adventure new offerings include the conchita (a Mexican sweet bread complete with a decorative topping of Miguel from the Pixar film “Coco.”
11. Show off your new Halloween souvenirs – You’ll absolutely delight in the new merchandise coming to Disneyland Resort this Fall. You’ll be spoiled for choice with the wide array of seasonal t-shirts, mugs, plush, pins, souvenir take-home containers and more!
12. Check out the Grand pumpkin display at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa- Feast your eyes on this incredible Halloween display which stands 15 feet high and 12 feet wide inside the lobby. What makes this even better is that it’s built out of cereal treats, 200 lbs of icing, 100 lbs of chocolate and 300 lbs of fondant.
13. Get lost in the pumpkin patch at Downtown Disney – Even Downtown Disney gets in on the Halloween fun with a pumpkin display. You’ll find a wonderful array of pumpkins with bright saturated colors and interesting shapes. The assortment includes 17 different types of pumpkins in a variety of styles with more than 2,150 pumpkins and squash on display!
Have we convinced you yet to visit Disneyland Resort this Halloween Season? Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote. Fantastic rates are still available for 2018 and packages can be booked all the way through 2019.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations. I can also help you plan an itinerary filled with magical Christmas touches! Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019