Pixar Fest may be officially over but that doesn’t mean that the Pixar fun at Disneyland Resort has stopped. To the contrary, Disneyland California Adventure Park and Disneyland theme parks bring colorful, meaningful and emotional Pixar stories to life every time of year! To give you a taste of the amazing Pixar touches you’ll find here are 11 of our favorites!
1. Play at Pixar Pier: Located at Disney California Adventure park, this is the go-to land for Pixar fans of all ages. The area formerly known as Paradise Pier is now jam-packed with amazing attractions. From the Pixar Pal-A-Round to the Incredicoaster there is something for everyone. Also, be sure to set aside a bit of time while at Pixar Pier to check out Games of Pixar Pier, like the Midway games you remember from your childhood this area brings the competitive fun with games inspired by “WALL-E” and “Toy Story” to name a few.
2. Be dazzled by the Pixar-themed Parades – Parade lovers are in luck as Disney has two spectacular ways to catch a glimpse of some of your favorite Pixar characters. Hang out with some of your favorite Pixar pals from “Inside Out,” “Up” and more during the “Pixar Play Parade” or wind out your day with the incredible lights, Pixar fun, and dazzling effects you’ll find at the “Paint the Night” parade.
3. Bring your appetites for some tasty Pixar-themed treats- Pixar Pier has recently introduced an impressive array of Pixar-themed quick service eateries offering delicious goodies both sweet and savory. One of our favorites is Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats where you can pick up a lemon soft serve or Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff brimming with colorful confectionaries.
4. Perfect for those Instagram shots – Disney has been busy this Summer adding some picture-perfect Pixar-themed backdrops over at Disney California Adventure. Two of our favorites are the Buzz Lightyear wings (above) and an “Up” themed wall which you’ll find right across the way! Have those smartphones at the ready!
5. Embark on an underwater adventure with Nemo and friends – If you’re spending some time at Disneyland, be sure to set aside some time to enjoy the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland. You’ll get to catch up with many of your favorite Pixar friends from “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory.”
6. Speaking of Finding Nemo- Over at Disney California Adventure, you’ll also find Turtle Talk with Crush. Not only will you get to shoot the breeze with the coolest turtle in the Ocean during this interactive show but you’ll also see many of your much-loved Pixar friends including Marlin, Dory, and Nemo!
7. Make a pit stop at Cars Land – Inspired by the much-loved “Cars” franchise, you won’t want to miss this incredible area of Disney California Adventure Park. Whether your race the track at Radiator Springs Racers or line up grab a photo with Mater, Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez, your visit here will definitely have you saying Ka-Chow!
8. Help Mike and Sulley find Boo! – For fan’s of “Monsters Inc.” Disney California Adventure is the place to be. Hop on board the Monster’s Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! attraction in Hollywood Land to help this dynamic duo recover the child that’s on the loose in Monstropolis!
9. Defeat the evil Emperor Zurg – Fans of the “Toy Story” franchise will definitely want to check out Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland. Challenge your friends by seeing who can shoot the most laster targets.
10. Play Disney Parks app – Be sure to download the brand new Play Disney Parks app before your next Disneyland visit. You can use the app to brush up on Disney trivia and play in-queue games like “Playset Party” at Toy Story Midway Mania!
11. Experience Plaza de la Familia- Inspired by the Disney Pixar film “Coco”, this celebration begins on September 7th and runs through November 4, 2018. This immersive experience will feature live entertainment, vibrant storytelling and delicious Mexican Cuisine. Be sure to pop by Disney California Adventure to check it out!
We hope we’ve demonstrated that you don’t need to have a Pixar Fest to plan a Disneyland getaway chock-a-block with Pixar-themed fun. Now is the perfect time to plan your Disney getaway to check out some of these amazing rides and attractions for yourself!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations. I can also help you plan an itinerary filled with magical Christmas touches! Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019