Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort is one of the best times of year to have your cameras at the ready and to practice those photography skills. There is something magnificent just waiting to be captured around nearly every corner. If you’re heading to the parks between now and October 31st here are a few memorable Halloween-inspired moments you’ll want to be sure to snap while you are on vacation. And if you don’t have Disneyland Halloween plans, we here at Disney Addicts are pretty convinced these amazing images will have you considering a last-minute getaway!
1. The limited edition souvenir containers Disney releases at Halloween are enough to create a frenzy among Disney collectors. If you are able to procure ones like the Oogie Premium Popcorn Bucket pictured above or the Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket than you’ll definitely want to show them off!
2. Nothing puts you in the Halloween spirit quite like seeing the incredible pumpkin display as you walk into Disneyland theme park. You’ll definitely want to capture a shot in front of the giant Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern which dazzles amongst the Fall flower beds!
3. Stop by Disney California Adventure Park and say “Hello!” to its newest resident – Vampirina. This much-loved Disney Junior character will be on hand to meet guests and pose for photos throughout the season!
4. Capture the spooktacular decor! From the moment you reach the gates of Dinsey California Adventure Park you’ll be blown away by the Halloween Decor especially Oogie Boogie who casts an ominous glow over the front gates.
5. Be sure to check out the Haul-O-Ween Celebrations! One of the most magical places to be during Halloween has to be Radiator Springs (or should I say Radiator Screams.) The decorations here are clever as can be and are sure to bring the smiles. Also be on the lookout for some of your favorite Radiator Springs residents who got all dressed up in their Halloween costumes.
6. Snag a shot with Jack and Sally. We absolutely love the strong presence that “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” has at the parks each Halloween Season. With that in mind, be sure to stop by New Orleans Square near Haunted Mansion Holiday where you’ll meet the Pumpkin King himself! It’s the perfect way to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of this beloved film.
7. Check out the Halloween Makeover to Guardians of the Galaxy! For the second year in the road this beloved California Adventure attraction was given a special Halloween makeover turning it into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. This seasonal overlay features a few spooky touches including special seasonal lighting giving a beautiful yet ominous tone to the theme park.
8. Be on the lookout for the Fab 5. Each year Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pals put on their favorite Halloween costumes and come out to meet guests along Buena Vista Street. Be sure to have those cameras at the ready as you never know who might turn up!
9. Pose from inside the Spider Car! If you’re making at pitstop at Flo’s V8 Cafe during your visit to Radiator Screams be on the lookout for this incredible Halloween creation! There’s enough room to climb onboard and capture those Halloween memories!
10. There are many photo-worthy treats at the parks this Halloween season. One of our favorites are the Pumpkin Spice Mickey Beignets that you’ll find at New Orleans Square in Disneyland.
11. Show off those Disney souvenirs. Be sure to set aside some extra money in your Disney budget as you’ll definitley want to pick up some of the special Halloween merchandise you’ll find at the parks and at Downtown Disney. Disneyland’s downtown shopping district is also decorated with over 2,150 pumpkins and squash this season providing the perfect backdrop for that Instagram photo showing off your purchases!
12. Photograph Disney’s seasonal sips! In addition to tasty treats like the Mickey Beignets, Disney also has an impressive array of seasonal beverages just dying to be photographed. One of our favorites is the Caramel Apple Smoothie you’ll find at Schmoozies in California Adventure. Trust us when we say it tastes like the real thing!
13. Don’t Skip the onsite hotels! The Halloween fun isn’t just limited to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. For a truly impressive and delicious bit of Halloween decorating head over to Disney’s Grand California Hotel & Spa where a towering pumpkin patch is featured in the lobby. This creation featuring Oogie Boogie was made up of 200 pounds of icing, 100 pounds of chocolate and 300 pounds of fondant along with lots of rice crispies! Its the perfect photo backdrop
There’s still time to plan your Halloween getaway to Disneyland Resort where you can see all the sites sounds and tastes of Halloween for yourself. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE, no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.