Whether you’ll be visiting Disney for the first time in 2018 or are a theme park regular, there are so many things to see do and explore at Walt Disney World Resort that it’s impossible to do it all. However, we hope that you’ll set aside some time in New Year to give some of the experiences on our 2018 bucket list a try. Its often those off-the beaten path moments that can make a Disney World vacation truly magical.
1.Stay for the Kiss Goodnight at Magic Kingdom – Rather than heading to Disney resort bus queues with the heaving masses, linger at Walt Disney World a bit after the evening fireworks for a truly whimsical send-off as only Magic Kingdom can do. Find out more here.
2. See the fireworks in style with a dessert party- Whether your celebrating a birthday, anniversary or just want a taste of the VIP treatment, Disney offers several evening dessert parties providing the ultimate fireworks viewing experiences. Whether its going on a Pirate-themed swashbuckling cruise or enjoying the views and amazing treats from your table at Tommorowland Terrace these experiences can be the perfect ending to your Disney days. Find out more about the amazing dessert parties on offer here.
3. Extend the magic with a Disney Cruise – Looking for the perfect ending to your Walt Disney World vacation? Why not add on an extra 3 or 4 days with a Disney Cruise. With Bahamian cruises departing from Port Canaveral every Friday and Monday and transportation from your Walt Disney World resort its almost too easy. For more information on how to book your Land and Sea vacation check out this article.
4. Visit during Halloween or Christmas for special seasonal offerings – No one does the holidays quite like Disney. From the end of August through until October, the Magic Kingdom pulls out all the stops with its Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party where guests can wear their favorite costumes and go trick or treating. From November, all of Walt Disney World gets a magical seasonal makeover. Epcot rings in the season with its Festival of the Holidays, the resorts get decked out with giant gingerbread creations and the Magic Kingdom makes it snow on Main Street and Santa pops in for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
5. Make S’mores with Chip ‘n’ Dale at Campfire Sing-A-Long – Pay a visit to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground for an evening of campfire fun. Chip and Dale are on hand, there’s a roaring campfire, a guitar-playing cowboy and S’mores making kits are available for purchase. This is one of my family’s favorite low-cost Disney World experiences and is open to all guests.
6. Attend one of Disney’s amazing Dinner Shows – For those looking for a one-of-a-kind dining experience we recommend one of Disney’s three dinner show experiences. Dine on an amazing Hawaiian Feast while watching incredible Polynesian dancers at the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. Have a rootin tootin good time at the Hoop de Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness or have a hoedown with Mickey, Minnie and the gang at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. Food is plentiful at each of these dining experiences and alcoholic drinks are included.
7. Go on a tour – Enhance your Walt Disney World experience with one of Disney’s amazing guided tours. Whether its going on a safari-themed trek through Disney’s Animal Kingdom, learning some behind-the-scenes secrets at Epcot or going on a family scavenger hunt at Magic Kingdom tours are such a special way to explore these incredible theme parks. Find out more here.
8. Pirate makeovers for the whole family –Though the princess makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique are only for little visitors, a lot of Disney-goers don’t realize that kids of all ages can get makeovers at the Pirates League located in Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland. So next time you’re making an appointment for your little swashbuckler surprise them by joining in on the fun. Pirates League appointments can be made at 407.WDW.STYLE.
9. Experience the new Toy Story Land – Hollywood Studios is getting a brand new expansion opening in the Summer of 2018 based on the Disney•Pixar Toy Story films. Guests will be able to climb aboard the Slinky Dog in a brand new family roller coaster, enjoy a new attraction based on the Little Green Men and refuel at a new quick service eatery made to look like Andy’s lunch box. For an overview of all Toy Story land has to offer check out this article.
10. Attend on of Epcot’s amazing festivals – If you have flexibility in your dates be sure to attend during one of Epcot’s amazing annual festivals. During January and February you can watch Broadway performances during the Festival of the Arts. During the Spring enjoy incredible food, entertainment and dazzling flowers and topiaries. The Fall Food and Wine festival is the perfect offering for foodies with amazing festival food booths and culinary demonstrations. Or, stop by for the Festival of the Holidays where guests can celebrate the Season and learn about holiday traditions from around the World. For a rundown of each of Epcot’s amazing festivals check out this article.
11. Get a haircut at Harmony Barber Shop- Whether you just need a trim, or want to celebrate baby’s first haircut Disney-style, be sure to stop by Magic Kingdom’s working Barber Shop for a haircut with a bit of pixie dust thrown in. You can find out more about Harmony Barber Shop here.
12. Watch Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from California Grill – Guests lucky enough to score dining reservations at this Signature Dining restaurant during Magic Kingdom’s evening fireworks display are in for a real treat. Not only does the restaurant offer spectacular views making it possible to see the fireworks right from your table but they also offer a special rooftop viewing deck. The restaurant even pipes in music from the fireworks making it the perfect ending to a wonderful Disney day.
13. Dine with an Imagineer – The perfect treat for the Disney fan in your family both the Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Citricos at Disney Grand Floridian Resort provide opportunities for guests to dine with a member of Walt Disney World’s amazing Imagineering team. During this unique dining experience quests will gain insights into the creative process as Imagineers share what its like to make Disney magic.
14. Give the little ones some independence with a “Kids Only” experience- Disney World is the perfect place for kids to explore and enjoy exciting adventures while moms and dads enjoy a bit of down time. At Wonderland Tea Party kids can enjoy a private party with Alice and the Mad Hatter. On the Pirate Adventure Cruises, guests join a merry pirate crew for a special treasure hunt on Disney’s waterways – no adults allowed. For more information on Kids Only experiences check out this article.
15. Preserve those magical moments with Memory Maker – For guests looking to capture all of those magical Disney moments Memory Maker is the way to go. For $169 (for an advanced purchase) guests can have their photos snapped in front of beautiful Disney vistas, while on rides and at character meet and greets. Disney’s amazing team of PhotoPass photographers may even add aspecial surprises to your photos in the form of Magic Shots. For more information about Memory Maker check out this article.
16. Enjoy amazing dishes from around the World – Disney World is definitely a culinary destination where guests can sample amazing dishes from around the world. Whether its the incredible African-themed buffet at Tusker House, Pan-Asian cuisine at Morimoto Asia, or one of the amazing eateries around the World Showcase, half the fun of a Disney visit is dining out of your comfort zone. So when its time to make those dining reservations be adventurous.
17. Spend a few hours at Disney’s Boardwalk – Looking to spend some time outside of the theme parks? Disney’s Boardwalk (accessible from Epcot’s International Gateway) is jam-packed with eateries, entertainment and family activities. To find out more about all the Boardwalk has to offer check out this article.
18. Dine with characters not matter what you age – One of the most magical experiences you can have at Walt Disney World is dining with some of Disney’s much-loved characters. Whether its having breakfast with Disney Princesses or enjoying a dinner with Mickey and friends, dining with some familiar Disney faces can bring out the kid in us all. For a list of some of our favorite character dining experiences check out this article.
We here at Disney Addicts and over at our site Chip and Co. wish all of our readers a very happy New Year. We hope that a visit to Disney is part of your 2018 plans and that you’ll have a chance to enjoy some of the exciting offerings on our Walt Disney World Bucket List.
Thinking about a visit to Disney next year? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019