For most of us heading to Disney World, being able to single out a good quick service restaurant or two while traversing the parks is just as important as making those all-important character dining reservations 180 days out. Though Disney World does boast a wide array of counter service options, not all Quick Service eateries are created equal. With this in mind, we’ve selected a couple of restaurants at each theme park perfect for on-the-day dining.
1. Be Our Guest – A lot of first-time visitors don’t realize that Be Our Guest offers Fine/Table Service dining for dinner but at lunch and breakfast its considered a Quick Service eatery. Though you won’t get to rub shoulders with The Beast for either of this Quick Service seatings, what you will get is all of the exciting ambiance that comes with having a meal at this magical castle straight out of The Beauty and the Beast. Another thing that makes this restaurant a stand out is that the food served up for breakfast and lunch still has that Table Service feel but at counter service prices. Our breakfast favorites include the charcuterie as well as the Croissant Donut with caramel and banana. Lunch highlights are the Braised Pork and the Croque Monsieur. Also be sure to leave room for the Master’s Cupcake topped with the famous Grey Stuff! This is the only quick service eatery where you make a reservation in advance. It’s extremely popular with bookings opening up at the 180-day mark. Reservations can be made at 407.WDW.DINE or online via My Disney Experience.
2. Columbia Harbour House – Nestled in Liberty Square near Haunted Mansion, guests can expect a pretty solid seafood line-up including dishes like fried shrimp, battered fish and clam chowder all making for a nice little lunch. My daughter loves the tuna sandwich here that is shaped like a tuna. Those feeling adventurous may also want to try the Ice Tea Lemonade Slushy. It’s pretty darn good and tops my list of favorite Disney drinks. But what really makes this a coveted dining spot for those in the Disney-know, is the spacious, cool, dimly lit and often empty upstairs dining room. This place is an oasis of calm in an otherwise chaotic park. After a 30 minute meal at Columbia Harbour House, I guarantee you’ll hit the parks as a kinder-gentler Mouse-lover. The restrooms upstairs are also usually remarkably clean with no lines, making it my go-to spot for a mid-afternoon rest stop. Columbia Harbour House has also recently implemented Disney’s new Mobile Order system meaning that you can order your food in advance using the My Disney Experience app at it will be waiting for you when you arrive.
1. Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie- This Epcot eatery is an absolute treasure trove of goodies and is located at the World Showcase’s France Pavilion. Often overlooked, make a pitstop here during your next Disney vacation and you’re likely to be blown away by the French baguette sandwiches, pastries, soups and salads on offer. My favorite is the Croissant Jambon Fromage. Its a delicious ham croissant with cheese and a gorgeous Béchamel Sauce.
2. Sunshine Seasons- You’ll find this Quick Service eatery on the ground floor of the Land Pavilion next to Soarin’. This location is a fan favorite and boasts a fantastic menu with many of the ingredients locally sourced from greenhouses you see in the Living with the Land attraction. Its spacious dining area also means that you won’t struggle to find a seat. Sunshine Seasons is open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Highlights included the Asian noodle shop offering a range of stir fry options as well as their fish taco entree. It’s delicious.
1. ABC Commissary – Sure when it comes to finding a Quick Service restaurant food is key, but so is a nice cool place to rest your weary feet midway through pounding the parks. For that reason, ABC Commissary comes up trumps for those looking to grab a quick bite. Food can be a bit hit and miss at times with menu items such as Asian chicken salads, bacon cheeseburgers and even a NY strip steak. However, tucked away to the left of the Chinese Theatre, the ample indoor seating, air conditioning and nicely maintained restrooms make it a worthy place to take a break.
2. PizzeRizzo – If a quick service pizza is what you’re after, then this is the place to go at Hollywood Studios. The restaurant is relatively new and spacious with lots of fun Muppet-themed touches. The pizza is doughy and delicious and has never disappointed us. But what we really love is the theming of this eatery. Tucked away over by MuppetVision 3D, the second-floor balcony offers fantastic views of the street below and is perfect for people watching. There’s also tons of indoor seating which makes it a perfect place to cool off during those hot afternoons. PizzeRizzo playfully conjures up that feeling of a NYC Little Italy-style pizza joint with a bit of Muppet magic.
1.Satu’Li Canteen – This Pandora Quick Service eatery is located between Avatar Flight of Passage and the Na’vi River Journey. Travelers can tuck inside this Quonset-hut structure, for a taste of Pandora’s riches. The interior has been transformed with colorful Na’vi items inspired by the film Avatar such as hand-woven tapestries, cooking tools, and natural Pandorean elements. The food is also nothing short of eclectic, from steamed vegetable pod to a blueberry cheesecake that is an edible work of art. Like everything in Pandora, dining here is a pretty immersive experience. For those heading there over the next few weeks, they’re even serving up a seasonal Thanksgiving dinner. Check out this article to find out more.
2. Flame Tree Barbecue – A trip to Animal Kingdom just wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) be complete without a visit to Flame Tree BBQ. Not only does this Quick Service eatery offer an amazing menu filled with smokehouse favorites like BBQ ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and jalapeno cornbread, Flame Tree also has a seating area with the most magical views of the Animal Kingdom as you look across the Discovery River toward Expedition Everest. It may not get you out of the Orlando heat but its a great place to take a deep breath, relax and recharge before heading back out into the throng.
Does all this talk of delicious Disney dining options have you wanting to plan your next visit to the Mouse? Then find out below how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019