It is shaping up to be an “Incredible Summer” over at Walt Disney World with the addition of new shows, a brand new themed land, special dance parties, cinematic premiers and so much more. For those visiting Walt Disney World in the late Spring/Early Summer, you’ll want to mark your calendars and make sure not to miss some of the fun activities coming your way. Here are 6 important dates to be mindful of:
1. April 22nd – Premier of Up! A Great Bird Adventure & Donald’s Dino-Bash! On Earth Day Animal Kingdom officially celebrates its 20th Anniversary with a few fun Summer treats. First Up! A Great Bird Adventure will debut. This fun outdoor show pays homage to many of the incredible feathered friends that call Animal Kingdom home. Guests join Russell and Dug from the beloved Pixar film UP! as they learn about different species of birds from around the world.
In addition, Donald Duck will be setting up shop over at Dinoland U.S.A for Donald’s Din0-Bash. join him for this dino-tastic celebration as Donald discovers that ducks are actually descended from dinosaurs!
2. May 25th – The Incredibles Debut at Tomorrowland Expo – To celebrate the arrival of the “Incredibles 2” sequel (which opens in theaters on June 15, 2018), Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom will play host to many of your favorite Disney•Pixar friends including Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone and Edna Mode. The festivities will culminate in a “Super” dance party which will take place at the Rocket Tower Stage. So, be sure to bring your dancing shoes!
3. June 9th – Guardians fo the Galaxy at American Gardens Theatre – Speaking of dance party, taking its lead from the Guardians of the Galaxy dance party over at Disneyland (pictured above), Epcot will play host to Star-Lord, Gamora and an alien band as they take over the American Gardens Theatre. The party will feature hits from Awesome Mixtapes 1 and 2 as well as those much-loved tunes from both soundtracks. So join the Guardians in this celebration in anticipation of the new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster coming to Epcot in the years ahead.
4. June 15th – Incredibles 2 Opens Nationwide – The Parr family will be back in action, this time to thwart the evil plans of Syndrome played by Jason Lee. Most of the original voice actors will be returning for this exciting project including Craig T. Nelson as Bob, Holly Hunter as Helen, Sarah Vowell as Violet and Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone. Huck Milner will be replacing Spencer Fox as Dash. During last year’s D23 convention, Disney announced that the film will feature state-of-the-art animation while still adhering to the classic look that fans fell in love with.
5. June 21 – H20 Glow Party Nights Launch at Typhoon Lagoon – This summer even the water parks will be throwing a bash or two! Disney announced plans this week for an H20 Glow party that will happen on select nights from June 21 – August 11th. The parties will take place from 8pm – 11pm. During these special events, special lighting effects will transform the water park as Buzz, Woody and Jessie throw a beach party inspired by their friend “Partysaurus” Rex. Come join in the fun, dance on the beach, compete in party games and meet some of your favorite Toy Story friends. Tickets for this exciting event go on sale on March 19th and cost $55 per person for adults and $50 per person for children (ages 3-9). Tickets can be ordered at 407.939.1872.
6. June 30th – The Official Opening Date of Toy Story Land – The biggest highlight of “Incredible Summer” will no doubt be the grand opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This exciting new addition to the park will feature 11-acres of fun where guests will feel like you’re the size of one of Andy’s toys. Toy Story Land will feature two new attractions: the family coaster Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers. The much-loved attraction Toy Story Mania will also be adding a third track to accommodate even more guests. The land will also have a brand new eatery- Woody’s Lunch Box. This quick service restaurant will offer tasty meals and old-fashioned soda-floats.
What an Incredible Summer it is shaping up to be! Keep following along with Disney Addicts and over at our sister site Chip and Co. for the lastest Summer news and updates.
There’s also plenty of great Disney World Summer vacation packages still available. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019