When most people think of Disney’s Hawaiian retreat Aulani, it conjures up images of white sandy beaches, fun water-play areas and breathtaking views. Its absolutely true that Aulani serves these up in abundance, but there is also an eclectic array of fun family hands-on activities that tend to go slightly under-the-radar and in our opinion are not-to-be-missed. Here are four of our family-fun favorites!
1. Painting with Light – We absolutely love this special workshop with Disney PhotoPass Photographers as they teach resort guests how to creatively capture “light” during those beautiful Hawaiian nights. The program is perfect for those budding photographers in the family and is suitable for kids of all ages! Painting with light begins with an introduction on manual camera settings before the group heads out after sunset to capture some colorful shots like the one above!
2. Ho‘okanipila – Learn the ‘Ukulele: Learn how to conjure up the sounds of the islands at the Pau Hana Community Hall. During these sessions, guests will learn about the history of several traditional Hawaiian instruments. You’ll also learn how to play one of the most important instruments in Hawaii, the Ukulele!. During this fun session, guests will be taught how to play a few chords and even strum along to some of today’s top hits!
3. ‘Ohana Painting Party: Create the ultimate keepsake and unleash your inner artist during Aulani’s painting parties. The team at Pau Hana Community Hall will guide you through creating your very own Aulani-inspired work of art. This wonderful workshop comes with all the supplies you need to create your masterpiece.
4. Kāpala Ki’i – T-Shirt Stamping: Rounding out our must-try list is the opportunity for guests to make your own wearable works of art. During this special process, carved bamboo stamps called ‘ohe kapala will be used to design your own t-shirt inspired by the art of Native Hawaiian kapa printing. You’ll learn the symbolism behind the images to create a piece that tells your own unique holiday story.
Guests interested in taking part in any of the experiences on our list should check the Daily ‘Iwa upon arrival at Aulani for a schedule of activities. Readers should note that an additional fee is charged for these premium activities.
Have these fun-filled family offerings inspired you to start planning your Hawaiian getaway? Find out below how you can receive your FREE quote.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019