If there’s one thing that we here at Disney Addicts think that Hollywood Studios does really well, its an amazing selection of spectacular eateries. From 50’s Prime Time Cafe to Minnie’s Seasonal Dine, there’s no shortage of fun-filled places to grab some grub. In our opinion, another Hollywood Studios eatery, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is one of the best Table Service restaurants in all of Disney World. When it comes to ambiance, good food and a unique dining experience that you can’t get anywhere else, it definitely comes out tops. Here are 6 reasons why we’re convinced that you’ll love it too!
1. The Tables – Let’s cut right to the chase. The coolest thing about this restaurant hands-down is the fact that instead of eating at a traditional table, most guests are seated in a vintage convertible car. Food is brought to you car side, just like the drive-ins of days gone by as you dine under the flicker of headlights.
2. The Milkshakes – Not only is Sci-Fi Dine-In one of our favorite places to eat in all of Walt Disney World but it also serves up one of our favorite milkshakes. The Oreo milkshake is a simple combination of vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookie crumbles and trust us when we say it is delicious. At $6.00, it’s also a nice little indulgence that won’t break the bank. For guests looking for a boozy version, there is the Orbiting Oreos. This beverage features the same great shake mixed with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and comes with a souvenir Glow Cube for $11.25. Not a fan of cookies and cream? Chocolate and Vanilla varieties are also available.
3. The Burgers – The Burgers at Sci-Fi are a meat lover’s treat and frequently top the lists of the best burgers on property. Though there are several varieties on offer at Sci-Fi, our favorite is the Drive-In BBQ Burger. It’s made up of a Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar and is served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws. Talk about yummy!
4. The B-Movies – At the front of the restaurant, a drive-in movie screen shows a loop of out-of-this-world movie trailers from the 50’s and 60’s featuring B-science fiction films. You can also reminisce over the classic clips of vintage concession stand commercials. For those that remember the heyday of the Drive-In movie, its a wonderful walk down memory lane and a great history lesson for little ones!
5. The Price – The portions are pretty generous at Sci-Fi and the prices, when compared to other Disney eateries, won’t break the bank. Most entrees are around $20 or one table service credit and milkshakes come in at around $6.00.
6. Popcorn while you wait! – Even if you have advance dining reservations, waiting for a table during peak periods is inevitable. Sci-Fi is one of the places where you actually won’t mind hanging out for a bit as they always have a nice stash of theater popcorn to munch on while you wait. Its perfect at setting the mood and tiding over little tummies.
These are just some of the many reasons why Sci-Fi Dine-In is one of our favorite Walt Disney World eateries. We hope you’ll give it a try during your next visit to the Mouse.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019