For the better part of 2017, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort has been a construction zone as changes are made to the property’s layout, central amenities and dining options. However, if the recent pictures are anything to go by, it has been a worthy upheaval as artists renderings reveal amazing changes taking place. To say these updates have us excited would be an understatement. That’s why we wanted to share with you 4 updates that we’re most excited about experiencing at Caribbean Beach Resort when construction finishes up next year.
1. Re-imagined Old Port Royale – If there was one thing that was a bit clunky about Caribbean Beach Resort it was the slightly inconvenient location of the check-in, check-out areas versus the central amenities. However, it seems like this is all a thing of the past with an Old Port Royale that will now be re-imagined as the Port of Entry for guests staying at the property. Not only will it house the central reception area but also dining and shopping options.
2. Waterfront Dining at Shutters – In keeping with the island lifestyle, Carribean Beach Resort’s table service restaurant will be located on the waterfront in a landscape reminiscent of beachfront boardwalks found on the islands. The decor will feature large open shutters, floral motifs and handmade items that evoke the beauty of the Caribbean.
3. Centertown Market – This quick service dining location will be expanded and enclosed giving an indoor street market vibe. The market will feature open shutters, wooden light posts, awnings and fun and unique seating areas. Added to the offerings at Centertown will also be a Grab ‘n’ Go market where guests can pick-up quick speciality items like coffee and light bites.
4. Festive Poolside Bar – Nothing evokes those island vibes like sipping a pina colada poolside which is why we’re excited about the updated Banana Cabana. This poolside bar promises to be a great place to gather for food and drinks. Cabana-style drapes will add a bit of island flair and will flank the seating areas and re-purposed steel drums will illuminate a central communal table made from a wooden boat.
We don’t know about you but we here at Disney Addicts are jazzed to finally see the new and improved Caribbean Beach Resort take shape. Disney World has not announced an official end date for the construction project. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Chip and Co. for the latest in Carribean Beach news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Walt Disney World in 2018? Packages are available to book through until the end of next year. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019