We here at Disney Addicts believe that there’s no better place to spend your destination Christmas than aboard a Disney Very Merrytime Cruise. Each of the Very Merrytime Sailings is filled with festive charm from Christmas Carolers to Giant Gingerbread Houses to tree lighting ceremonies. During each sailing, guests are also visited by the one and only Santa Claus as well as a cast of much-loved Disney characters dressed in their holiday finery.
To give you a taste of how Disney Cruise Lines pulls out all of the stops each Holiday Season, here are some fun facts about the Very Merrytime Cruise preparations.
1. Over 170,000 individual Christmas lights go into decorating Disney’s Cruise Line’s fleet.
2. Over 100,000 ornaments and floral arrangements going into filling the ships with heaps of festive charm.
3. Over 19,000 gingerbread bricks make up the giant gingerbread houses you’ll find in the main foyer of the ships.
4. In addition, over 2,200 lbs of gingerbread go into making these stunning creations.
5. Nearly 4,226 feet of garland is used to adorn the bannisters, archways, and balconies.
6. Guests will want to stop and have their pictures snapped at one of the over 128 Christmas trees you’ll see scattered about.
7. Finally, over 109 holiday wreaths provide a bit of Christmas dazzle to common areas and hallways.
This is just a glimpse of the amazing steps that Disney Cruise Line takes to provide a taste of the holiday on the High Seas.
Thinking about a destination Christmas in 2018? Disney Cruise Line itineraries are currently on-sale through until Spring of 2019 including sailings to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Baja Coast, Alaska, Bermuda and Europe. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019