If you’re planning at trip to Walt Disney World, then it’s likely you’re getting familiar with Disney’s My Disney Experience App. Accessed from your smartphone, the app services as a dashboard for all things to do with your Disney vacation. In the lead-in you can access your reservation, check out dining, FastPasses etc. A visit to the parks also unlocks a handful of wonderful functions like being able to see the Wait Times at each of the theme parks or manage your FastPasses on the go. Over the past few weeks Disney World also unveiled a handful of pretty nifty new features on My Disney Experience to enhance your vacation even more. Many of these have come in under the radar, but we here at Disney Addicts love them and thing they’re definitely worthy of mention.
1. Online Check-In Service- At the end of July, Disney upgraded the My Disney Experience App to provide guests with the ability to check-in to their Walt Disney World Resort via your smartphone, thus avoiding the long-lines that can occur at your resorts front desk on check-in day. The new feature allows guests to check in using the app up to 60 days in advance. On the day that you are due to check-in, you will receive a notification that your room is ready with your room number. If you had your MagicBands shipped to you before your vacation, this means that you can head straight to the room and enter using your MagicBand which also functions as your room key! Checking in to your Disney resort has never been easier.
2. Mobile Order – This service was officially unveiled at Disney with the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar earlier this Summer. Guests who plan on visiting select Walt Disney World restaurants have the ability to order their food in advance using their smartphone. When you are ready to eat, you simply press a button to let the restaurant know and your food will be waiting for you at the designated pick up window. Here is a list of locations currently offering the Mobile Order Service.
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
- Electric Umbrella
- Liberty Inn
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- ABC Commissary
- Backlot Express
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Satu’li Canteen
- D-Luxe Burger
The only caveat for guests using the service to be aware of is that the Disney Dining Plan is not accepted using the Mobile Order option nor is cash. Guests must pay in advance using a credit card in order to place your order.
3. Ability to Track Purchases – If you’re like me, the saddest moment of your Disney vacation is NOT taking the bus back to the airport but rather getting the bill containing the itemized list of all the expenses you charged to your MagicBand over the course of your vacation. However, guests are now able to keep better tabs on their spending habits using the My Disney Experience App. The new feature allows guests to see the total charges you’ve made and how much you owe on your the account balance for your Walt Disney World resort which is where the MagicBand charges are added to.
4. Track Your Dining Plan Credits – For those on the Disney Dining Plan, its important to know that Disney front end loads your dining credits so all your dining credits are available starting on the first night of your stay. This means that guests need to keep a careful eye on how many credits you are using each day. Otherwise, by the time you reach the end of your stay you may find you’re out of meal or snack credits and need to pay out of pocket. Now Disney makes it easy to keep track of your credits right from your mobile phone. The recent updates to My Disney Experience include the ability to track how many credits you have total, how many your party has already used and how many you have remaining.
5. Renew Your Annual Passes – The final addition to My Disney Experience is sure to please Annual Passholders as the App now allows passes that are reaching expiry to be renewed quickly and conveniently. You can use the app to renew individual passes or for those with family passes, the lead quest also has the ability to renew for all members of your party. The app also allows you to change the type of pass you have.
Whether you’re using the My Disney Experience App for the first time or are a pro, we think you’ll agree that all of this recent additions make it even easier to get the most out of your visit to Walt Disney World.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for future updates to the My Disney Experience App as well our sister site Chip and Co.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019