Like many of us who have traveled to the Disney parks – the end of the visit makes you start wondering where your next trip will be. Will it be a new park? An international Disneyland? A return to a beloved favorite? There are currently 6 park options around the world and to some fans, crossing off every park is a beautiful, but a costly goal. If you need a small break and would like to cross off some other favorite locations that may not include Mickey waffles, we have created a great list of great places and activities to do if you love all things Disney.
- Disney on Broadway (Location: Touring and New York City, NY)
- With three current plays – Aladdin, Frozen and The Lion King, you have some great choices to pick from. Aladdin is currently on a tour so you may be able to see this fantastic musical in a city near you! The same goes for The Lion King – be sure to check out their schedule as well. Frozen is the new kid on the block but there is a North American Tour with the current stop in Schenectady. LA fans – book tickets for the Christmas season!
- The Walt Disney Family Museum (Location: San Francisco, CA)
- This is not just a museum. There are amazing interactive displays, the collection of unbelievable awards and – of course – the story of an incredible man’s life. There is also currently a Mickey Mouse Exhibition where you can see the beginnings of Mickey and his journey to become the amazing character we all know and love. Also, check out the amazing model of Disneyland and see how it has evolved over the years! For a true Disney fan, this stop is not to be missed.
- Disney On Ice (Location: Touring)
- There are currently 5 different rotating shows for the Disney On Ice tour. Choose between Dream Big, Celebrate Memories, Mickey’s Search Party, Worlds of Enchantment, and Road Trip Adventures. All making sure that one is not quite like the other. Check their schedule to see when they’ll be in your city!
- Adventures by Disney (Location: Up To You!)
- If you want to add something special to your vacation, check out Adventures by Disney. Designed to add a hassle-free experience to trips that can be… very full of hassle, Adventures by Disney gives you guides, accommodations, meals, and interactions with local experts so you can get the most out of your trip. Admission fees and access to private events are also part of the deal! So if you have a little bit of change in your pocket to help you pull off a flawless vacation – check out Adventures by Disney and see what they have to offer!
- Walt Disney Hometown Museum (Location: Marceline, Missouri)
- There’s more in Missouri than meets the eye! Walt Disney spent four years as a child in Marceline and he showed his love for the town by basing Main Street USA off of Downtown Marceline. More than that, Marceline always loomed large in the heart of Walt, and he visited it many a time for inspiration and to show his gratitude to the town that made him. The museum is also based in the restored Santa Fe Railroad Depot – which is quite fitting since Walt always expressed a love of trains. So stop by and see where the inspiration started for Walt Disney and cross this fantastic town off your list!
There are plenty of options to choose from when looking for Disney activities outside of the parks. Add these to your list of amazing things to do related to our favorite Mouse! If you can’t make your way to one of these events or locations, there will be plenty of new shows and movies that will be on Disney+ for you to learn about Disney from the comfort of your own home.
Latest posts by Danielle H (see all)
- 3 Tips for Booking a Cheap Flight for Walt Disney World - November 19, 2019
- 7 Facts about Decorating California Adventure and Disneyland Hotels for the Holiday - November 15, 2019
- 15 Fantastically Festive Restaurants to Grab a Thanksgiving Meal at Disney Springs - November 12, 2019