Did you know that October 14th is National Dessert Day? How we have avoided having a National Holiday on that day is beyond me. It doesn’t take much to realize that Walt Disney World is a treat haven. Delicious snacks and treats await you at almost every dining location. You don’t have to travel too far to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Luckily, we have found some fantastic snacking locations for you to stop in and grab something sweet. Note: We’ve left out many of the sit-down dining locations because, even though they serve fantastic sweets, our list is specifically geared towards restaurants where sweets take up nearly the entire menu. So come along with us and check out our list of 5 dessert destinations you’ll love!
- Main Street Confectionery – Main Street U.S.A.: Be still my candy-coated heart, Main Street Confectionery – isn’t she a sight? Located at the front of the park so it can be the first place you hit when you enter and the last place you stop before you leave. This sweet-tooth paradise is where we come to leer at all things delicious. Cookies, cake pops, custom popcorn – what more can you ask from this one-stop-has-all location?
- Aloha Isle – Adventureland: Delicious, refreshing, made from fruit? Is this even a dessert? The Dole Whip – and all its variations – are a favorite for a reason. On those scorching hot Florida days, you can find many people running to this haven located in Adventureland. Make sure that you order in advance so you can skip the line and stay in the shade while your order gets made by the fantastic cast members dishing out these delectable dishes. (Also see: Sunshine Tree Terrace)
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Main Street U.S.A.: Ice Cream fans, assemble. There is nothing like a dedicated location to enjoy Ice Cream and this location has what you’re looking for. Whether you’re craving a classic scoop in a cup or ‘The Plaza Ice Cream Sundae’, this Ice Cream Parlor makes sure it is stoked with a variety of flavors, sure to satisfy everyone’s palate!
- Big Top Souvenirs – Fantasyland: If you feel the lines at the Confectionary is a bit too much, have no fear – Big Top Souvenirs is here! And yes, I know it caters to a variety of souvenirs, but their stock of all things sweet is really fantastic and you can get many delicious desserts at this Fantasyland staple! It wouldn’t be a proper Big Top if they didn’t have Cotton Candy and Caramel Corn, now, would it? And just brace yourself for the many – and I mean MANY – baked goods just ripe for the picking!
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Tomorrowland: Maybe you rapidly walk past this location, or maybe you make a point to visit it no matter what, but Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies has exactly what you need for National Dessert Day. Milkshakes or Smoothies are on the menu – but if you need the coveted Churro – maybe paired with chocolate dipping sauce, make haste – because Auntie Gravity’s is supplied and ready to serve.
Did we miss your favorite location? Let us know in the comments below what you would have added
Images: Disney / Walt Disney World
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Step Into Disney’s True-Life Adventure History with these 7 Classic Documentaries - November 10, 2023
- 5 Ways to Celebrate 50 Years of Robin Hood at Walt Disney World! - November 7, 2023
- 5 Scrumptious Spots to Grab a Sandwich at Disney Springs - November 3, 2023