Looking to enjoy some Disney magic? Lucky for you, Disney World features many special parades and shows at each of the four theme parks! We think several of these experiences are not-to-be-missed. To give you just a taste of these amazing offerings check out this list of five parades and shows that are definite crowd-pleasers!
1. Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party at Magic Kingdom
We dare you to try to stop yourself from dancing to the beat of this street party! Favorite Disney characters like Genie, Mickey and Minnie, Woody and Jessie, and Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps ride alongside giant gift boxes as they circle Cinderella’s castle. Best of all, guests are welcome to join in on the fun! You’re invited to snap photos on your smartphone and post them along with the tag #MoveitShakeitPics. You might just spot your picture on one of the float’s video screens! Check the Magic Kingdom time guides as street party times vary.
2. Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom – Want to see a dragon spit actual fire? You’ll witness that and more with this colorful parade that pays homage to Fantasyland! You’ll spot innovate floats featuring famous Disney princesses like Cinderella, Belle, Anna and Elsa, along with classic characters like Peter Pan, Wendy, Mickey, and Minnie. Watch out! You’ll even spot Maleficent transformed into the fire-breathing dragon! Guests can also enjoy a VIP viewing experience when they reserve the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant; it costs $49 for adults and $19 for children ages 9 and under or 1 table service dining credit per person. Log into your My Disney Experience account or call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations.
3. Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom – Head to Animal Kingdom Park at nighttime to witness this new water show that honors the beauty of all living things. You’ll see live performers, floating lanterns, water screens, and animal imagery set to an original musical score. Consider participating in the Rivers of Light Dining Package for VIP seating. This package includes reservations at Tiffins (2 dining credits per person) or Tusker House (1 dining credit per person). Reservations are available through your My Disney Experience account or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Please note that prices vary. Check Animal Kingdom’s time guides for showtimes.
4. Electrical Water Pageant at Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake – This classic and FREE nighttime water parade features mythical and natural sea creatures, twinkling lights, and a variety of Disney-inspired songs. Guests can check out this nightly water show along the lagoon at these Magic Kingdom-area resorts: Disney’s Polynesian Resort at 9:00 PM, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at 9:15 PM, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at 9:30 PM, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground at 9:45 PM, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort at 10:10 PM (or immediately following Happily Ever After). You can also catch the parade outside the entrance to Magic Kingdom Park at 10:35 PM (during extended park hours only).
5. Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios – This family-favorite evening spectacular takes guests into the imagination of Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. You’ll love the pyrotechnics, laser lights, and 50 costumed performers as you sit inside a massive amphitheater situated around a lagoon. Two special packages are available for guests to enjoy VIP seating for this popular show. First, the Fantasmic! Dining Package is available for booking at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano, Hollywood & Vine, and The Hollywood Brown Derby. Although prices vary, the Disney Dining Plan is accepted for 1 table service credit per person or 2 table service credits per person at The Hollywood Brown Derby. Next, the Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience allows guests to enjoy some special Fantasmic-inspired snacks and a specialty drink during the show. This experience costs $39 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3 to 9). Reservations are available via your My Disney Experience account or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
These magical Disney parades and shows are perfect for families of all ages. We hope you check them out on your next trip to Walt Disney World!
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Erin (see all)
- 5 Transportation Options at Disneyland Resort - February 19, 2018
- 5 Reasons Why We Can’t Wait for Toy Story Land to Open on June 30th - February 16, 2018
- 6 Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday at Disney World - February 13, 2018