It’s been a busy Summer for Walt Disney World and with the focus on the addition of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the news that Toy Story and Star Wars Lands will be coming Hollywood Studios in the years ahead and that Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy are destined for Epcot, its easy to lose sight of the more subtle changes happened over at the Magic Kingdom. However, there are a few that may impact visitors in the weeks and months ahead so here’s a quick rundown of 5 changes you may notice during your Magic Kingdom Visit.
1. Liberty Square Riverboat Closure – Visitors hoping to hop on board this 3-tiered authentic paddleboat and cruise down the Rivers of America will need to wait until mid-August. The attraction is currently closed to the public until August 10th. This will also result in the temporary closure of Princess Tiana’s Riverboat Party which takes place on board the Riverboat during the Festival of Fantasy Parade. Guests hoping to meet the Princess should instead head to Princess Fairytale Hall where she holds regular meet and greets.
2. A Pirate’s Adventure – Treasures of the Seven Seas has operating hours slashed – If you’ve not heard about the amazing Pirate-themed scavenger hunt that takes visitors into the hidden crannies and crevices of Adventureland in search of hidden treasure, then you wouldn’t be alone. This free offering tends to be a bit under-the-radar which may be the reason why Disney recently announced that they will be cutting the operating hours of this swashbuckling adventure. The check in location in Adventureland is normally staffed from park opening until park close. However, Disney announced this week that the hours would be reduced and will now only run daily from noon to 6pm. And for those wondering if they should give it a try, absolutely! Complete all the missions and you even get a special treat!
3. Disney’s New Mobile Ordering Service Comes to the Magic Kingdom – Disney’s new Mobile Order service makes it easier than ever to enjoy a Quick Service meal at select locations around Walt Disney World. You can order your food in advance using the My Disney Experience App, let Disney know when you’re on your way to pick up your food and it will be waiting for you at a special pick-up window. Its the perfect way to beat the long lines. Several Magic Kingdom locations began offering the service over the past few weeks. The list includes:
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (pictured)
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland Terrace
So log into your My Disney Experience app next time you’re waiting in line at your favorite Magic Kingdom attraction and order your food in advance!
4. Splash Lagoon to close for refurbishment this Fall – News that is certain to disappoint many Autumn visitors, Splash Mountain will be closing for refurbishment beginning on August 28th and will remain closed until at least November 17th. Disney has not released any official news regarding the reason for the closure but keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co and we’ll be sure to keep you posted.
5. The Hall of Presidents closed for refurbishment – This classic patriotic animatronic show has been closed for refurbishment since the beginning of the year. Disney has announced that changes to the show are currently being made to incorporate the current President. Disney announced just last week that President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents in keeping with a tradition that has been in place since 1993. A recording session has been scheduled . There is no word yet on when the attraction will officially re-open though Disney has said that they hope to unveil the new updates later this year.
So if you’re heading to the Magic Kingdom in the weeks and months ahead, make a mental note of the changes outlined above as they may have an impact on everything from touring plans to Fastpass reservations and we want to make sure that your Disney days run as smoothly as possible!
Thinking about a trip to Disney? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had. Its also never too early to start planning for 2018. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019