For those looking for the perfect way to ring in the holiday season, why not consider one of Disney’s fabulous Very Merrytime sailings running out of Florida, Texas and New York this December. Cruising with Disney is magical any time of year but Disney really pulls out all the stops and rings in the Christmas Season in style. To give you a taste of why these sailings our so special here’s our 7 Reasons Why You Should Make Your Next Cruise a Very Merrytime Cruise.
1. The Decor – Each ship in Disney’s magnificent fleet gets a full holiday makeover. Imagine the atrium glistening with hundreds of lights, towering Christmas trees and gold garlands. And my favorite, there’s even life-sized gingerbread houses!
Did you know that 650 lbs of gingerbread, 5,000 gingerbread bricks, 320 hours and over 220 lbs of sugar icing goes into making these Christmas creations?
2. The Characters – Characters abound on Disney Cruise ships but this is the only time of year where you’ll be able to catch Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and pals in their holiday attire! Having your photo taken at these very special seasonal meet and greets is the perfect way to preserve your Christmas memories.
3. Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party – Did someone say Candy Cane Limbo? That just one of the wonderful activities that take place during this Christmas-themed deck party with a twist. Its a wonderful Yuletide celebration jam-packed with dancing, games and other special surprises!
4.Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus – No Christmas celebration would be complete with out a visit from the “big guy” and Disney Cruise Line definitely delivers. Santa will be on hand to share hugs and pose for photos and Mrs. Claus hosts a story-time where she reads much-loved Christmas classics in a rocking chair by the tree.
5. Mickey’s Tree Lighting Ceremony – The on-board Christmas festivities kick off with this tree lighting ceremony where young cruisers get to join Mickey and Minnie and turn on the lights on the grand King Triton Tree, marking a magical start to your voyage at Sea!
6. Castaway Cay Gets a Winter Makeover – Disney’s private Bahamian Island is the last place that you would expect to find snow but somehow Disney makes it happen. One the island you’ll find festive Disney friends ready to say “Hello”, amazing decorations and there’s even holiday island music piped in to keep you in the Christmas spirit.
7. Holiday Shopping – The shops aboard Disney Cruise line are brimming with holiday goodies during the Christmas season. Whether its exclusive Very Merrytime merchandise you’re after or you want to treat your loved one to a gift from the famous jeweler Tiffany’s, you’ll find it all right on your ship. So leave a bit of money in your holiday budget to treat the whole family!
These are just a few of the many reasons why we love cruising with Disney during the holiday season. So if you’re looking for a unique way to celebrate with your family this December, definitely consider a Very Merrytime Cruise.
Thinking about a Very Merrytime Cruise in 2017? There are still amazing packages to be had. Or for those doing a bit of forward planning, cruises are available to book through December of 2018. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you pick the perfect stateroom or port excursion. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019