2016 was certainly an exciting year to pay a visit to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park. There was the debut of Luigi’s Rollicking Roadsters, Soarin’ returned bigger and better and Frozen fans were treated to Frozen Live at the Hyperion. Luckily for fans of the West Coast Mouse, things show no signs of slowing in 2017. Already there’s a handful of happenings bound to make Disneyland visitors excited about the year ahead. Here’s just five of the reasons you’ll want to be returning to the parks in 2017.
1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout – Though this Tower of Terror face-lift has divided die-hard Disney fans, it has to be said that the opening of Mission Breakout will be the hot ticket for Disney fans in 2017. Visitors to California Adventure Park can already see the changes taking place as the Hollywood Tower Hotel transforms into the Collector’s Fortress. Slated to open in the Summer of 2017, this re-imagined attraction will feature characters from “Guardians of the Galaxy” in a new epic adventure combining free-fall sensation with new audio and visual effects based on the popular film soundtrack.
2. Fantasmic! – Several attractions closed last year to make way for Disneyland’s upcoming expansion. The one that’s the most sorely missed was undoubtedly this delightful nighttime offering. Combining a stage show with special, effects, water projections and pyrotechnics Fantasmic! has been dazzling evening audiences at Disneyland since it’s debut in 1992. Disney announced earlier this year that the show should be returning for Summer 2017. We’ll be keeping our fingers crossed as the evenings aren’t quite the same without it.
3. Splitsville Luxury Lanes – Families staying in the Disneyland Resort area in late 2017 will be able to add Splitsville to their list of must-do evening outings. Already a family favorite at Walt Disney World in Orlando, this West Coast version will offer guests a delightful combination of bowling, dining, and live entertainment. The venue will feature a 625 seat restaurant featuring crowd-pleasing menu items like fresh-rolled sushi and pizzas, a large outdoor patio with amazing views of the Downtown Disney district, two full-service bars and 20 luxury bowling lanes.
4. Main Street Electrical Parade – A much anticipated transplant from Walt Disney World, the Main Street Electrical Parade will begin dazzling guest at Disneyland starting on January 20th for a limited time engagement. The last time the parade wowed West Coast crowds was in 2010 when it graced the streets of California Adventure. A fan favorite, guests hoping to dance along to the “Baroque Hoedown” should head over to Disneyland during the first half of 2017 as the parade is only expected to run until June 18th.
5. Rivers of America Re-opens –Closed for a lengthy refurbishment, Rivers of America is slated to open its banks again to visitors beginning the Summer of 2017. Among the changes to this area of Disneyland are a new riverbank as well as an elevated trestle for the much-loved Disneyland Railroad. It also means that attractions housed in the area like Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Tom Sawyer Island (Pirates Lair) and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes will once again be welcoming visitors.
This is just a taste of the exciting changes that will be coming to Disneyland in 2017. Readers are encouraged to watch this space for further Disneyland news and updates as the year progresses.
Are you thinking about a visit to Disneyland in 2017? Then fill out our form to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect resort, to getting you the best discounts and helping you organize your days at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019