Visitors to Disney World in January and February will definitely want to head on over to Epcot where their Festival of the Arts is officially in full swing. This celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts is already winning over crowds and offers a colorful and creative way to kick off your 2018. Here’s a quick look at some of the amazing activities you’ll find at the Fest as we highlight 5 of our favorites.
1. Fine Art Photo Ops – (pictured above) Make yourself the focus of classic works of art with these fun-filled PhotoPass shots. New additions for this year include Boticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and a homage to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
2. Workshops and Seminars – Guests looking for a more in-depth Festival of the Arts experience will want to head over to the Odyssey Festival Center. Here visitors can learn everything from how to draw Disney animated characters to tips for taking a perfect photo using your mobile phone. Other areas covered include acrylics, watercolors, musical composition, storytelling and even floral arrangement. For a list of our favorite workshops and seminars check out this article. The seminars are included with Epcot admission and have a 30-minute runtime. The workshops run longer (usually 75 minutes) and due to the hands-on nature of these offerings, there is a charge. Book in advance at 407.WDW.TOUR.
3. Food Studios – It wouldn’t be an Epcot festival if it didn’t include some amazing cuisine and the Festival of the Arts definitely delivers. You’ll find pop-up eateries scattered about the park offering a wide array of tasty treats from sweet to savory. For a look at some of our must-try dishes check out this article.
4. Fun for the Whole Family – You don’t have to be an art connoisseur to have a magical visit to the Festival of the Arts. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of delightful activities for families and younger guests to enjoy including the popular “Figment’s Brush with the Masters” scavenger hunt. Kids can also grab a paintbrush and join in the fun as they help create a wall mural at the Expression Section in World Showcase Plaza. Also be on the lookout for interactive kid’s “chalk art” this year!
5. Disney on Broadway Series – For a little touch of the Big Apple right in the heart of Disney World, you won’t want to miss this amazing concert series featuring some impressive Broadway Stars. There’s also the Disney on Broadway dining package where guests can enjoy a meal at one of Epcot’s amazing restaurants followed by VIP seating to one of evenings performances. For more information on the dining package click here.
We’ve merely skimmed the surface when it comes to the amazing activities and offerings you’ll find at Epcot now through February 19, 2018 as part of the Festival of the Arts.
For lastest up-to-date information about the Festival, keep following along with Disney Addicts and with our sister site Chip and Co.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from booking your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get Dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019