Ready to escape winter? Disney Cruise Line has the perfect fleet to help you sail away from the frigid temperatures blasting many parts of the country! Itineraries range from tropical locales like the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda, and Mexico to adventurous spots like Alaska, Canada, and even Europe! Plus, now might be the perfect time to consider booking that cruise! Through February 15th, Disney is offering 50% off required cruise deposits for 7-night and longer cruises departing between June 23, 2018-May 31, 2019. Curious what magic can be found on board? Here are some special features of each of the 4 majestic ships that make up Disney’s fleet:
1. Disney Magic – The Disney Magic was Disney’s very first ship! Since its maiden voyage in 1998, its travel itineraries have expanded include the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Northern Europe, and even the Mediterranean! The Magic was completely re-imagined in 2013. One striking element of the ship’s enhancements is the massive 3-story Grand Atrium Lobby! It features a beacon-like chandelier, a sea-inspired color scheme, and a spruced-up Helmsman Mickey Statue that greets guests as they enter. Perhaps most exciting, though, is the 3-story high AquaDunk water slide, which propels guests through a 212-foot translucent tube on the ride-of-a-lifetime! Soon guests of the Magic will also enjoy a new dining experience! Rapunzel’s Royal Table will debut on March 9th and will be a part of the rotational dining lineup. It will include characters, live entertainment, and a fun-filled parade with Rapunzel and the mischievous Snuggly Duckling Thugs. Along with Rapunzel-themed dining, guests will enjoy “Tangled: The Musical,” which includes original songs as well as three new ones, too!
2. Disney Wonder – The second ship to join Disney’s fleet was the Disney Wonder, which first set sail in 1999. Like the Disney Magic, this ship has recently undergone enhancements, which were completed in 2016. Its 11 decks feature a sophisticated design with swirling wave patterns, marble accents, and Art Nouveau decor. Just look up when you enter the atrium lobby and you’re sure to be impressed by the massive, hand-crafted glass chandelier! While sailing on the Wonder, guests can venture to ports of call including Alaska, the California Coast, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, San Juan, and the Panama Canal. But there’s plenty to explore on board, too! Tiana’s Place is the latest dinner show to hit the ship! You’ll enjoy southern-style cuisine, live entertainment by The Crawfish Crooners, and a visit from Tiana herself!
3. Disney Dream – In 2011, Disney introduced its third ship, the Disney Dream. Its classic design evokes the early 20th century, but its state-of-the-art technology can’t be beaten (like Magical Portholes with real-time outside views for inside staterooms). Thrill-seekers will definitely want to check out the AquaDuck water coaster (yes, we said coaster)! Guests will soar through transparent tubing that spans the height of 4 decks and swings out 13-feet off the side of the ship, leaving guests about 150 feet above the ocean! The Disney Dream sails to the Bahamas with a special stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
4. Disney Fantasy – The fourth ship to join Disney’s fleet is the Disney Fantasy, whose maiden voyage took place in 2012. Guests will love its elegant design paired with technological advancements like enchanted art, which comes alive when guests pause to view it! Like its sister ship, the Disney Dream, the Fantasy also features the sky-high AquaDuck water coaster, which is an adventure unlike any other! Unique to the Fantasy, though, is Disney’s Star Wars Day at Sea! This special experience runs on select-sailings through April 2018 and allows guests to get up-close-and-personal with their favorite Star Wars characters! Ports of call include the Eastern and Western Caribbean with a special stop at Castaway Cay.
Regardless which ship you chose, each offers plentiful opportunities for magical fun, unlike any other cruise line.
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Itineraries are currently available to book through until Spring 2019. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Erin (see all)
- 5 Transportation Options at Disneyland Resort - February 19, 2018
- 5 Reasons Why We Can’t Wait for Toy Story Land to Open on June 30th - February 16, 2018
- 6 Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday at Disney World - February 13, 2018