There is more to Disney+ than the Mandalorian and your favorite Disney classics! The streaming service is making sure its viewers are well entertained by having new shows and movies at the ready. One of those new shows is “Pick of the Litter“. Check out our 5 reasons you should add this show to your must watch list!
- Plethora of Puppies
- The cute factor in this show is insane. There is something about a puppy getting ready to take on the world that just elevates the cute factor to an unreasonable level. From the first episode, you see that each litter (and each puppy within those litters) are destined for greatness. It isn’t all work for these pooches. You see each one having a blast and really start expressing with their widely different personalities.
- Pick Your Favorite
- More than an informative show about raising guide dogs, this series will have you picking favorites and rooting for each pooch to succeed. You get to know six puppies – Paco, Pacino, Tulane, Raffi, Amara, and Tartan – and get to see the different journeys they have taken to get to their evaluation point. Graduation is coming up – will your favorite make it?
- Inspirational Handlers
- Though this series’ focus is all about the puppies, the handlers have a massive task on their hands. From placement, handlers work with their dogs on training, exposure and behavior – all whilst keeping in mind that if their guide dog passes – their pup will move on without them. Touching moments and sad goodbyes are in the works, but it’s just another stepping stone on these brilliant dogs’ journey to their forever homes.
- It’s All in the Training
- The show is a fantastic inspiration when looking at your own dog! The training these dogs go through tends to be much more strict than what some people may put their own through. The series gives great tips on how to reward good behavior and what to do when bad behavior rears its head. Just within the first episode, you see the 6 prospects walk on different surfaces – a practice every dog can benefit from. You can learn along with the dogs and maybe take the things you learn home with you!
- The Perfect Match
- This series is all about getting each dog to their forever home. Out there, there is someone waiting for a guide dog and the series makes sure we get a proper introduction to the well-deserving people in need of the love and help that each guide dog will give. Many people may see fully trained guide dogs in the real world, but the glimpse this show gives shows the care that is taken to make sure the perfect match is made.
If you’re looking for a new show to bring a little joy into your January – check out Pick of the Litter and see which of your favorites has what it takes to cross the finish line and start their new life as a guide dog!
Photo by Disney
Latest posts by Danielle H (see all)
- How Many Days Should You Plan for Walt Disney World? - January 17, 2020
- The Power of SparkShorts - January 14, 2020
- How Many Days Should You Spend at Disneyland? - January 7, 2020