We here at Disney Addicts get asked quite regularly about our favorite character dining locations and Chef Mickey’s always holds pride-of-place near on our list. So what is it about Chef Mickey’s that makes it a Disney fan favorite and has clients coming back year on year? Here are five reasons why we think you’ll want to give it a try during your next Disney World getaway.
1. It’s just a monorail away from the Magic Kingdom – Chef Mickey’s location at Disney’s Contemporary Resort means its the closest resort character dining experience to the Magic Kingdom. It’s close proximity to the park means that Chef Mickey’s is a convenient place to have breakfast before heading to the theme park or to beat the hustle and bustle of the Magic Kingdom for a few hours with a late brunch or early dinner. There’s also a real novelty for little ones when it comes to hoping the monorail- making it a fun and convenient family adventure.
2. Your chance to Dine with the Fab 5 – Let’s be honest, the whole point of character dining is to meet the characters and this dining experience delivers in abundance. While you dine, your family can expect some pretty magical interactions with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto all dressed up in their Chef’s garb. This is rare opportunity to see the Fab 5 together which makes it perfect for photos and autograph hunting.
3. Brunch! – We here at Disney Addicts think that brunch is a happening that needs to be celebrated and we can’ think of a better place to do this then at Chef Mickey’s. For brunch, guests can treat themselves to much-loved breakfast dishes like Mickey Waffles or omelettes or opt for lunch favorites like soups, salads, BBQ ribs, and baked salmon. Hours for brunch are 11:30 am – 2:30pm. Chef Mickey’s also serves breakfast from 7:00 am – 11:15 am daily and dinner from 5:00pm – 9:30pm. These are some of the longest character dining hours at Disney World which makes it easy to schedule in a visit during your Disney stay.
4. The Ambiance – There’s just something so magical about eating underneath the main atrium at Disney’s Contemporary Resort while the monorail passes through whisking Disney visitors off to the theme parks. The restaurant is bright, colorful, full of life and truly a dining location like no other. Guests should definitely use a reservation at Chef Mickey’s to explore all this amazing property has to offer, from breathtaking views and beautiful murals to out-of-this-world cupcakes at Contempo Cafe, there’s something special around every corner.
5. The Sundae Bar – All of the desserts at Chef Mickey’s are pretty fantastic but for us, the Sundae Bar steals the show. One look at the toppings bar for your magical ice cream creations is enough to make kids of all ages giddy with excitement. Magic up some ala mode creations by adding ice cream to everything from brownies to warm bread pudding. Or create towering ice cream treats topped with your favorite candies like M&M’s and Reeses Pieces. You’ll definitely want to leave room in your tummy to give your inner sundae-artist room to play.
These are just a few of the reasons why we think Chef Mickey’s is a must-try character dining experience. Give it a go next time you’re at Disney and let us know if you agree. Reservations should be booked in advance and can be made via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE. The cost to dine at Chef Mickey’s is $35 – 59.00 per adult or 1 table service dining credit per person.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019