When it comes to wining and dining at Disney Springs, visitors to Walt Disney World are spoiled for choice. But that doesn’t mean that Disney’s downtown shopping district is done adding to the wide array of amazing bars and eateries. Quite to the contrary. In the months ahead and going into 2018, Disney Springs is going from strength to strength and will be adding several eateries that have us pretty excited. Feast your eyes on 8 of the fantastic new businesses heading there soon.
1. Jaleo By Chef José Andrés – Bringing the flavors of Spain to Disney Springs’ West Side, this eatery will serve up an extensive menu of tapas dishes that pay homage to contemporary Spanish cuisine. Highlights will include paella cooked over a wood fire, hand-carved Jamon Iberico de Bellota and wood-grilled Iberico Pork. The first floor of the multi-level restaurant will also feature a “grab-n-go” storefront serving up an array of Spanish-style sandwiches. Jaleo is slated to open at Disney Springs at some point in 2018. As we reported over at our sister site Chip and Co, construction is already underway. This is a project we’ll be monitoring intently over the next few months!
2. Wine Bar George – A haven for wine connoisseurs, this Wine Bar/Restaurant is the brainchild of Master Sommelier George Miliotes who you may remember from the opening of the award-winning California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Slated to open by the end of 2017, the Wine Bar will feature more than 100 wine selections by the bottle and glass. Milliotes promises that his establishment will “offer a number of ways to experience and explore wine” with options including wines on tap, cheese and wine pairings or wine flights. Wine Bar George will also be a place where Miliotes can welcome his colleagues from around the globe which means visitors to Disney Springs will have ample opportunities to learn about wines from world-renowned experts. Construction is already rather far along for this project and it occupies a space near The Boathouse and Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
3. Terralina Crafted Italian – Slated to open at some point this year, Disney Springs will be getting its newest Italian eatery, Terralina Crafted Italian. Located in the space of the former Portobello Country Italian Trattoria, Award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano will curate a new menu that includes authentic Italian dishes (many of them infused with his signature olive-oil imported directly from Italy). The menu promises artisanal pizzas as well as fresh vegetable dishes fired up in a wood-burning oven. According to Chef Mantuano, the restaurant will offer two new signature dishes – mussels and grilled pork chop along with Italian favorites like antipasti platters and signature pasta dishes.
4. Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill – Scheduled to open in 2018, Wolfgang Puck’s newest Disney Springs eatery will bring a more modern Bar & Grill concept to Town Center. The setting promises to be reminiscent of traditional farmhouses and will capture the essence of the laid-back California dining made popular at other esteemed Wolfgang Puck restaurants like Puck at Spago. The menu will feature highlights from the best of Puck’s signature dishes with an emphasis on the tastes of the Mediterranean, contemporary takes on classic comfort food as well as speciality cocktails, wine and beer.
5. The Edison – Anticipation has definitely been building for the opening of this new “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar and nightclub. The Edison has pushed back its opening date several times but recent reports have suggested it will open in January of 2018. The venue will offer classic American food, craft cocktails and live entertainment (including cabaret acts). Inspired by the sister location in Los Angeles that shares the same name, the theming is modelled after a 1920’s era electric company and will offer everything from contortionists, aerialists, DJ’s and more. So start assembling those steampunk costumes for your next visit to Disney World!
6. Maria & Enzo’s – The next three restaurants on our list will make up a dining complex located right next door to The Edison. The first concept in the group is Maria & Enzo’s, a trattoria set in an abandoned 1930’s airline terminal which has been transformed into an open plan restaurant complete with 50-foot ceilings. The trattoria will offer amazing views of Lake Buena Vista and will be adorned with airline and travel artefacts. Inspired by cuisine from the island of Sicily, menu highlights will include Arancini di Carni (rice balls stuffed with meat), Melanzane Parmigiana (eggplant parmesan) as well as handmade pasta like Busiate con Granchio (spiral pasta with crab). Other notable menu items include fresh fish as well as steaks and chops.
7. Enzo’s Hideaway – With a tip-of-the-hat to the speakeasy, Enzo’s Hideaway will be housed in rum-runner tunnels that adjoin Maria & Enzo’s. Inspired by Roman aperitivo bars, the Hideaway will be serving up Prohibition-era cocktails at its Tunnel Bar as well as a casual menu of Roman dishes including the famous Bucatini alla Carbonara (hollow spaghetti with creamy egg pancetta sauce) and Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe (square cut spaghetti with pecorino and black pepper.)
8. Pizza Ponte – Rounding out this Italian trio is Pizza Ponte. This fast-casual restaurant will offer pizzas, Italian sandwiches, pastries as well as espresso drinks. Perfect for those looking for a quick bite, highlights will include Pizza al Taglio (Sicilian-style pizza by the slice), Tirangolo (stuffed pizza bread) and Porchetta (roast pork). For those with a sweet tooth, be on the lookout for treats like Bambolini (Italian donuts), Tiramisu or Sfoglia di Riso (pastry with rice cream)
Official opening dates have yet to be announced for many of the eateries that make up this list. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news regarding these fabulous Disney Springs eateries.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 20 Things We Love About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Its 20th Anniversary - April 22, 2018
- 6 Stunning Original Concept Art Images to Celebrate 20 Years of Animal Kingdom - April 21, 2018
- 8 Of Our Favorite Places to Have Brunch at Walt Disney World - April 21, 2018