With the grand opening of the Disney Skyliner, everyone is buzzing about getting a different view of Walt Disney World! Almost 300 gondolas will take guests into the air on Sunday, September 29th and will give them a different mode of transportation to parks and resorts. For those interested in the route – check out the Skyliner Map. There are plenty of things that the Skyliner can take you and your family to and Disney has made sure that everyone can enjoy!
- Ride a Gondola to 2 of the Parks: The Skyliner will be a great option to get to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios if you’re looking to avoid some traffic – and would like a great view as well.
- Board the Skyliner from 3 Resorts: Wondering which resorts you can stay at to make the most of traveling from above? 3 lucky resorts are on the map. Disney’s Carribean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Families on a budget can add this to one of the many pros of staying at these fantastic resorts. If you’re interested in future reservations, the 4th – Disney’s Rivera Resort – is set to open December 16th, 2019.
- Favorite Characters Sighting: Disney has decked their rides with some of your favorite characters. Keep an eye out for Mickey, Woody, C3PO and other familiar faces as they pass by!
- Dining before Takeoff: If you are looking for a place to eat before or after this new exciting ride, Topolino’s Terrace will be opening on December 16th and will be a great place to stop by for dinner after a day at the parks. Sebastian’s Bistro at the Carribean Beach Resort is a definite must-try. If you have never stayed at the resort before, the Skyliner now gives you a reason to easily stop by. Check out Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort for an unbeatable New England Style Menu.
- Handicapped Access: Walt Disney World has worked its way towards being as inclusive as possible and they have made sure that the gondolas are handicapped accessible. According to our partners at Chip and Co, if you or someone with handicapped needs would like board the Skyliner – after 14 or so gondolas pass, one pulls in front of a handicapped boarding zone. The other gondolas continue to move in the background at their normal pace. This leaves the rider to take as much time as necessary to enter and exit the Skyliner. This ensures that everyone can enjoy this fantastic new park addition!
With the Skyliner, it gives Disney World guests the chance to take to the sky, make their way to new locations and create some magical memories! For you future riders – have fun and enjoy!
Latest posts by Danielle H (see all)
- 9 Essential Disney Movies to Watch Before Halloween - October 11, 2019
- 7 Facts about Walt Disney’s The Little Mermaid - October 8, 2019
- 4 Ways to Financially Plan Ahead for Your Trip to Disneyland Paris - September 29, 2019