Its been a busy week for Disney-insiders with the D23 convention in full swing in California. There’s been some fantastic news released this week regarding park expansions as well as new resort and new dining experiences across the theme parks. But there’s one bit of news that that has us pretty darn excited its the incredible line-up of Disney and Pixar offerings that are going to be hitting theaters in the years ahead. As a matter of fact, we’ve already honed in on our 5 favorites which we’re excited about sharing with you today:
1. Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It-Ralph 2– Finally a Wreck-It-Ralph sequel and it sounds like an amazing one at that. What we’ve learned from D23 is that John C. Reilly (Ralph), Sarah Silverman (Vanellope), Jane Lynch (Sergeant Calhoun) and Jack McBraver (Fix-It Felix) will all be back to voice their characters. The premises is that Ralph and Vanellope enter a land called Oh.My.Disney.com where they come face to face with many familiar Disney characters including Stormtroopers, Merida, Pocahontas, Mulan and so many more. What we particularly love about this premise is that voice actresses like Mandy Moore (Rapunzel), Kelly MacDonald (Merida) and Jodi Benson (Ariel) will be reprising their roles for this film. We can’t wait to check it out when it is released in March 2018!
2. Frozen 2 – The moment Frozen fans around the globe have been waiting for, a sequel to the insanely popular film is finally on its way. Though little about the film was actually revealed, John Lasseter at D23 did announce that it won’t be called “Fro-Yo” or “Thawed.” We also know that the film is slated to be released on November 27, 2019 and will be directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee. In the meantime to tide Frozen fans over, a short film called Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, which will run in front of Pixar’s Coco when it is released in November.
3. Incredibles 2 – This is a sequel that we honestly though would never happen but 13 years after the original Incredibles hit theaters it was revealed at D23 by director Brad Bird that Incredibles 2 is definitely in the works. This time around Elastigirl will be the star of show while her husband stays home to look after the baby. We were delighted to hear that Samuel L. Jackson will be reprising his role as Frozone and Bird will return as the iconic Edna Mode. The film is slated to be released in the Summer of 2018.
4. Toy Story 4- Woody and the gang will be returning for another installment of this much-loved Pixar franchise. Little information about the project has been revealed as of yet but one big announcement worth noting is the Lasseter has announced that he will not be directing and rather responsibilities will be passed on to co-director Josh Cooley. With a release date of June 21, 2019 we expect more details of this project to be revealed in the months ahead.
5. Coco – We round out this list with a film that we don’t have to wait too long for, the hotly anticipated Coco. Dubbed Pixar’s first musical, the film centers around Miguel, an aspiring musician which proves problematic as his family has long ago banned music. He finds himself in the Land of the Dead where he meets his relatives that have passed away. They collectively embark on an adventure to uncover the family’s complicated history. The movie stars Benjamin Bratt, Anthony Gonzalez, and Gael Garcia Bernal as Hector. It is set for release on November 22, 2017.
We hope you are as excited as we are about checking out each and one every one of the films on this list in the year’s ahead and hope that you’ll keep following along with our sister site Chip and Co for the latest in Disney movie news and updates.
Are you thinking about a trip to the Mouse? Then fill out or form below to receive your FREE quote.
Need help planning your next Disney getaway? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package, securing the best discounts (even after you’ve booked) and nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019