The countdown to 2018 is officially on – and you can be a part of it at one of Walt Disney World’s many New Year’s Eve events! Whether you’d like to ring in the New Year with fine dining, dancing, family fun, or fireworks, Disney World has many offerings to choose from. Check out our round-up of these holiday happenings:
1. New Year’s Eve Dinner at the World Show Place Pavilion in Epcot
Grab your family and friends and head to Epcot this New Year’s Eve! Enjoy a deliciously magical buffet featuring items like seafood mac and cheese with butter-toasted panko and parmesan-crusted chicken breast with lemon caper sauce. There’s also kid-friendly items like baked Minnie corn dogs, chicken fritters, and meatballs with red sauce. Guests can enjoy classic Disney music and fun photo opportunities. Seating times are yet to be announced, but the event will take place at the World Show Place Restaurant located in Epcot’s World Showcase. Tickets are $72.90/adult and $44.38 per child with tax and gratuity included. Guests can use 2 table-service credits per person toward this dining experience. Admission to Epcot is not included in the ticket price and must be purchased separately.
2. THREE New Year’s Eve Events at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Countdown to Midnight will take place at Contemporary’s Fantasia Ballroom. Guests 21 and older will enjoy a unique culinary experience as they sample food and wine pairings from restaurants like California Grill, Flying Fish Cafe, Citricos, and Narcoossee’s. This event will also feature live music and a champagne toast during a viewing of the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks show at Magic Kingdom! This special event takes place from 8:00 PM – 12:15 AM and costs $250 per guest (including tax and gratuity).
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration is a family affair located inside Contemporary’s Ballroom of the Americas. Families can explore theatrical backdrops from movies like Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Up while also interacting with favorite characters from the films. A yummy buffet with be served while an energetic DJ plays popular Radio Disney tunes. (We dare you not to dance.) The night concludes with a viewing of the Magic Kingdom’s firework display. Purchase tickets for $175/guest (including tax and gratuity) and enjoy the fun from 8:00 PM – 12:15 AM.
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience is the perfect event for foodies and fine-dining fans. Guests 21 and older will head to the Grand Republic Ballroom for New Orleans-inspired ambiance, complete with a classic jazz band! Feast on decadent dishes and end your evening with a viewing of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This extra special event takes place from 7:00 PM – 12:15 AM and costs $450/guest (including tax and gratuity).
3. Other New Year’s Eve Dining Experiences
Ring in the New Year at several favorite Disney World restaurants. Guests can make reservations at any of the following locations: California Grill, Chef Mickey’s, Garden Grove, Il Mulino, Monsieur Paul (separate admission to Epcot is required), Shula’s Steak House, Todd English’s bluezoo Lounge, Victoria & Albert’s, and Victoria & Albert’s Chef’s Table.
4. New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Witness the magic of Walt Disney World’s special fireworks shows this New Year’s Eve! First, Magic Kingdom will present “Fantasy in the Sky,” a special fireworks spectacular that includes bursts of color and light sparkling overhead. This special show will take place at 11:50 PM on December 30th and December 31st. If you’re planning to spend New Year’s Eve at Epcot, enjoy the New Year’s Countdown Fireworks, which will begin at 11:40 PM on December 31st. Last but not least, Hollywood Studios will host a special park-wide countdown celebration to the New Year followed by a special presentation of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. Park admission is required to view these special fireworks shows. Be sure to claim a viewing spot early as these events are popular!
5. New Year’s Eve Stage Show Dance Parties
Get your dancing shoes ready for several dance parties at the parks! In Frontierland at Magic Kingdom, guests can enjoy a lively DJ from 7:00 PM until park closing. You can also head over to the Future World Fountain Stage and the American Garden Stage in Epcot for some dance party fun. Finally, Center Stage in Hollywood Studios will hold a dance party at 7:00 PM followed by Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! at 9:00 PM. Although you must purchase park admission, no reservations are required, so boogie on over to any of these family-fun events!
Disney has your New Year’s Eve fun covered! Please note that guests interested in attending any of the reservation-only, ticketed events should call 407-WDW-DINE to make reservations; availability is very limited.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019