If there’s one thing Disney knows how to do – it’s ROMANCE. Look at all the great couples that Disney has created from Lady and the Tramp to Ariel and Prince Eric (or any Disney Princess and her Prince for that matter!) and of course the most famous Disney couple of them all – Mickey And Minnie! Helping you add a little romance to your Holiday Season or to your 2018, here are some of our favorite Disney DIY recipes combined to create a perfect Romantic Disney Themed Dinner For Two:
Served At Yachtsman Steakhouse
You Will Need:
New York Strip Steaks
Bourbon Marinade (Recipe Below)
Jack Daniels Glaze (Recipe Below)
1. Bourbon Marinade:
12T Dark Brown Sugar
7oz Jack Daniels
9oz Pineapple Concentrate
10T Soy Sauce
2 Cups Water
1. Combine sugar and Jack Daniels, stir until dissolved into a syrup.
2. Add pineapple and stir.
3. Add soy sauce and stir.
4. Place steaks in a pan.
5. Pour bourbon marinade over steaks, making sure they are totally covered. Let sit refrigerated for 24 hours.
6. Grill until done, brushing with Jack Daniels Glaze.
2. Jack Daniels Glaze:
1 Cup Pineapple Concentrate
6oz Jack Daniels
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Water
1. Cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with a little water)
2. Combine all, bring to a simmer. Add a cornstarch slurry and stir until desired thickness. Strain and hold to hot. Add a splash of Jack Daniels before serving.
Mushroom Risotto (Recipe Courtesy of WDW Recipes) – A candlelit dinner at Victoria & Albert’s is no cheap affair – which is why I am glad I can bring home some of the magic with this Risotto recipe (it’s the perfect side to go with your steaks!)
Served at Victoria & Albert’s
4T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 Small Onion (minced, about 1¼ Cup)
2 Cups Arborio Risotto
5½ Cups Chicken Stock
½lb Mushrooms (chopped in bite-size pieces)
6T Unsalted Butter
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
Coarse Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Black Truffle Oil (optional)
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes; add risotto and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes more to coat rice.
3. Reduce heat to low and gradually add 1 cup chicken stock, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring to absorb each addition of broth before adding more, about 30 minutes. Risotto should be creamy.
4. Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high and sauté mushrooms. Set aside.
5. Remove risotto from heat and stir in mushrooms, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper into risotto. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Finally, you can’t forget about Dessert. For me and my loved ones that means chocolate and lots of it so here a few decadent options:
- This Chocolate Lava Cake was served as a special at the Liberty Tree Tavern, but with this recipe, you can make it at home for the perfect end to the perfect evening.
- This recipe for the Ghiradelli Hot Fudge Sauce is a perfect accompaniment to your favorite ice cream.
- And if you’re feeling like trying your hand at something a little more challenging, then check out this Chocolate Souffle recipe
So what are you waiting for? Show someone you love them with this tasty and Disney-inspired Romantic Meal for Two. Bon Appetit.