Disneyland’s Lunar New Year Celebrations are in full-swing and what better way to spend a sunny afternoon than by sampling a few of the amazing culinary delights you’ll find at California Adventure Park. If you’re paying Disneyland a visit between now and February 18th, here are 6 dishes you’ll definitely want to give a try!
1. Banh Chung – Vietnam – (pictured above) Head over to the Vietnam food booth and order up this scrumptious dish that is almost too beautiful to eat. What you’ll find inside is a wonderful sticky rice cake with pork. Trust us when we say it’s delicious!
2. Banana Ooyu – Korea – Sometimes a treat doesn’t need to be complicated to be delicious. A Disneyland take on the popular South Korean beverage, this milk drink with a hint of banana is perfect for those looking for a refreshing break while traversing the park.
3. Xiao Long Bao – Chinese Marketplace – No Lunar New Year celebration would be complete without some delicious dumplings and this tasty dish definitely delivers. These port soup dumplings come with black vinegar and ginger and are nothing short of wonderful!
4. Banh Khoai Lang Tim – Vietnam Marketplace – For us here at Disney Addicts, no visit to Disneyland Resort would be complete without trying at least one variety of the incredible macarons you’ll find at various eateries throughout the parks. Imagine our delight to see a Lunar New Year Macaron in the mix! This beautiful treat is made from purple sweet potatoes.
5. Banh Khoai Mi Nuong – Paradise Garden Grill – Fans of Paradise Garden Grill will be pleased to know that they’ve unveiled some special menu items for the Lunar New Year Celebration. Included is the Banh Khoai Mi Nuong which is a delicious cassava and coconut cake that melts in the mouth!
6. Kimchi Bokkeumbap – Korea Marketplace – For those in the mood for something savory, we definitely recommend a stop at the Korea Marketplace for the Kimchi Bokkeumbap. This vegetable fried rice is wonderfully seasoned and provides the perfect light snack in between rides!
This is just a small taste of the amazing dishes you’ll find as part of this year’s Lunar New Year Celebration at Disney California Adventure Park. Watch this space and follow along with our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news and updates regarding this year’s Lunar New Year happenings at Disneyland.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019