Around the time that Pandora – The World of Avatar opened earlier this year, Disney World also introduced new functionality to the already popular My Disney Experience App. The App serves as the dashboard from which Disney guests manage their reservations, dining and Fastpass allocations. In May, Disney also introduced a new feature dubbed Mobile Order which allows guests to order their quick service meals while walking through the park or waiting in lines. At the push of a button, you can let restaurants know when you are ready and your food will be at a pickup window waiting for you.
One of the major drawbacks of this new service was that visitors staying at a Walt Disney World Resort that were on the Disney Dining Plans could not participate as a credit card was required to pay for Mobile Order Purchases. However today (January 31, 2018) Disney officially announced that Dining Plans are now excepted and that dining credits can be used for Mobile Order purchases! This opens up this delightful service to a whole new range of Disney-goers so we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d give you a crash course in how it all works!
How Does It Work – Guests can order their food at the push of a button by following these simple steps:
- Open the My Disney Experience App on your mobile device while at the parks (Sorry its GPS activated so this isn’t something you can do before you’re at the parks.)
- Tap the image of your Character, scroll down to the My Plans section and press the Order Food button.
- Select the restaurant of your choice and press the Order Food button.
- Add the items you want and purchase them right from the app.
- When you’re ready to dine, head to the restaurant tap the image of your Character and press the “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” button. You’ll receive a notification to head to the Mobile Order pick-up window when your food is ready.
Here’s a quick video by Disney that also walks you through the process:
What Restaurants are Currently Offering Mobile Order? New restaurants are constantly being added to the Mobile Order line-up so be sure to check the app for the most up-t0-date dining information. As of going to print, here’s the list of restaurants currently offering Mobile Order.
- Aloha Isle – Adventureland
- Casey’s Corner – Main Street U.S.A
- Columbia Harbour House – Liberty Square
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe – Tomorrowland
- The Lunching Pad – Tomorrowland
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe – Frontierland
- Pinocchio Village Haus – Fantasyland
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant – Tomorrowland
- Electric Umbrella – Future World
- Liberty Inn – American Pavilion
- Sunshine Seasons – Future World
- ABC Commissary – Commissary Lane
- Backlot Express – Echo Lake
- Catalina Eddie’s – Sunset Boulevard
- Fairfax Fare – Sunset Boulevard
- PizzeRizzo – Grand Avenue
- Rosie’s All-American Cafe – Sunset Boulevard
Animal Kingdom :
- Flame Tree BBQ- Discovery Island
- Harambe Market – Africa
- Pizzafari – Discovery Island
- Restaurantosaurus – Dinoland U.S.A
- Satu’li Canteen – Pandora
- D-Luxe Burger – Town Center
For the latest up-to-date information regarding Mobile Order keep following along with Disney Addicts, visit our sister site Chip and Co. or check out DisneyWorld.com/mobileorders
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to working with you you to organize lots of special seasonal activities to make your Christmas at Disney truly magical. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019