There is a reason Walt Disney World Resort is called “the most magical place on Earth”, and let me tell you, the magic is kicked up into high gear during the holiday season! I’m getting all the feels just thinking about the warm feeling and beautiful decorations found throughout Disney around Christmastime. This year Walt Disney World Resort will officially kick off the holidays on November 6, 2020. If you’ve never experienced the magic of Disney during the holiday season, here are 6 reasons you should!
1. Holiday Character Cavalcades- Just as guests are enjoying the Halloween character cavalcade happening right now throughout Disney World, there are sure to be special Christmas-themed cavalcades throughout the Disney parks. While of course Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be missed, there is also something really fun and magical about the new character cavalcades and they give park guests an opportunity to see their favorite characters while maintaining proper social distancing. The big man in red himself is also set to be making appearances throughout the parks.
2. Limited Edition Merchandise- Every year during the holiday season Disney comes out with exclusive limited-edition merchandise throughout the parks and Disney Springs. Whether it is a new popcorn bucket or a new spirit jersey, it is so much fun to explore all of the new seasonal items.
3. The Magical Holiday Decorations- Disney World is always beautiful, but there is absolutely nothing like seeing it all decked out for Christmas! Not only are the parks donning their holiday best, but Disney Springs and Disney resort hotels are also fully decorated to the max!
4. The Cooler Temperatures- While Florida weather can sometimes be unpredictable, there is a very good chance that visiting during the holiday season will be cooler than visiting during the spring or summer months. With the new face-covering requirements, it may be more comfortable for some guests to explore the parks with cooler temperatures.
5. The Seasonal Snacks and Treats- Disney is well known for the delicious snacks and treats found throughout the resort, and even more are offered during the holiday season. From cupcakes and cookies to specialty beverages, you’ll find so many sweet and savory limited-time items to try. It’s hard not to try them all!
6. The Limited Capacity- Most avid Disney-goers know how busy Walt Disney World usually is around Christmas. Visiting this year with the limited capacity requirements may actually lead to a more positive experience for some. For guests who don’t like huge crowds but still want to experience all the magic of the holidays at Disney, this year might be the perfect year to visit. While some attractions and experiences may be on hiatus, the magic and wonder will definitely still be there.
One thing is absolutely certain, the holiday spirit will be alive and well throughout Walt Disney World Resort this year!
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort Turns 25 Years Old! - March 3, 2021
- The Best Places to Shop on Your Disney World Vacation - March 1, 2021
- Should Disney Allow Mask-Free Photos at the Parks? - February 24, 2021