Yes! It is nearly that time for the opening of Disney California Adventure Park’s newest attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy -Mission BREAKOUT! which will open to the public on May 27th. Even though many die-hard Disney fans were sad to say good-bye to the Tower of Terror which was re purposed for Guardians, we think there is so much to love about this new ride that we guarantee that you’ll be screaming with delight in no-time. To help you countdown the weeks until it opens, here’s our list of 6 reasons to get very excited about Mission: BREAKOUT!
1. The Ride is 6 Experiences in 1 – Unlike the slow starting pace of Tower of Terror, Mission: BREAKOUT! begins with an elevator car shooting straight to the top of the Collector’s Tower where you join Rocket in disabling the generator to free the other Guardians. What happens next could actually be one of 6 distinct story-lines. This means that you can enjoy the ride several times and may be lucky enough to enjoy a different ride every-time. Each vignette will also come with different ride mechanics meaning that not only will the ride look different, it will also feel different.
2. The Soundtrack – What would an adventure with Guardians be without a killer soundtrack? This ride definitely delivers. With each of the six plot vignettes that riders enjoy, there will also be a selection of mix tape worthy tunes from the 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s. Some of the songs on offer are:
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar (1980)
- “Give Up The Funk” by Parliament (1975)
- “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf (1968)
- “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5 (1969)
- “Free Ride” by The Edgar Winters Group (1973)
- “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley (1972)
Each song was handpicked by the Imagineering team who developed a list of over 100 fun fast-paced songs before narrowing them down to the ones you’ll hear on the ride.
3. The Architecture – In a brilliant feat of modern Imagineering, it has been amazing to watch the Hollywood Hotel undergo its magical transformation to the home of Taneleer Tivian’s extensive collection of intergalactic rarities including his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. A close look at the exterior reveals out-of-this-world details with shimmering pipes climbing the exterior, rising and falling gantry lifts and even signs that the building may have taken a laser hit or two. The queue for the ride will also snake its way through Tivian’s impressive collection offering lots of special Easter eggs for Disney and Marvel Fan’s alike.
4. The Servants – I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that the thing I’ll miss the most about the Tower of Terror will be the gloomy hotel bellhops that used to welcome weary travelers. However, it seems like Disney Imagineers did not want to sacrifice the theatricality of the Cast Members here and have instead given them the role of the servants of Taneleer Tivian’s, complete with a costume upgrade which makes them feel like part of this space-aged world. The outfits will even feature Tevin’s logo on their sleeves.
5. The Dance Off – Hooked on that Guardians of the Galaxy feeling? Then enjoy it even after the ride is over by attending the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! On their way to the Milano, Star-Lord fires up his boom box to get kick off a party of intergalactic proportions. So be sure to bring your killer dance moves and get ready to tear up the floor with your favorite Guardians.
6. The Meet and Greets – For the first time, visitors to Disney California Adventure Park will be able to come face to face with the much-loved Groot who will take time out of his adventuring to greet guests and pose for pictures. If that isn’t enough Marvel fans will also delight in the fact that Groot is bringing along with him a virtual who’s who of superheros to welcome guests this Summer including: First Avenger, Captain America and Spider-man.
So be sure to make time this Summer to head on over to Disneyland Resort to enjoy all of the exciting happenings centered around this new magnificent attraction. In the meantime, check back at Disney Addicts or over at our sister-site Chip and Co for the most up-to-date Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! news and updates.
Planning a trip to Disneyland? There are still fantastic Summer packages to be hand. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019