Disney•Pixar’s Animated film Coco opens stateside in less than a week (November 22nd.) For those paying a visit to Walt Disney World in the lead-in to Thanksgiving, there are a handful of fun ways that you can celebrate the arrival of Miguel, Dante and friends. Here’s are just six of the many ways you can add a bit of Coco-themed fun to your Disney days.
1. Free Coco-themed Facepainting- Disney Springs – From now until November 26th, Disney Springs is hosting a family-friend fiesta to celebrate Coco’s release. You’ll find special activities taking place at Exposition Park on the west side of Disney’s downtown shopping district. As part of the celebration, during the weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) there will be free face painting. Above is a glimpse of the fantastic Mexican-inspired designs on offer. So stop on by and try a design or two out for yourself!
2. Coco Magic Shots – Epcot – If you’re making your way around Epcot’s World Showcase, be sure to stop by the Mexican Pavilion and ask a PhotoPass photographer for this Coco-themed shot. There is also an animated version. It’s a fantastic way to commemorate being at Disney during the lead-in to Coco hitting the theaters!
3. Coco Eclair – Amorette’s Patisserie- Disney Springs – For a sweet way to celebrate Coco, stop by Amorette’s Patisserie for a delectable treat. On offer, this month is a Coco-inspired dessert comprised of a yummy cream filled eclair with a noticeable hint of coconut, icing on top as well as a white chocolate topper featuring colorful decorative skulls and guitars taken from the film’s logo. The Coconut Eclair is available for a limited time only and will set visitors back $6.00
4. Coco Sneak Peek – Walt Disney Presents – Disney’s Hollywood Studios- If you’re at Hollywood Studios over the next week be sure to pop into Walt Disney Presents to check out a 10-minute preview of scenes from the upcoming film. In addition, the adjoining areas are filled with a fun Coco-themed exhibition featuring art, images and character sculptures used in the film production. They provide some amazing insights into the inspiration and design behind the film.
5. Coco Vanilla Flan – Tacos Food Truck – Disney Springs – As part of the Coco festivities over at Disney Springs, the Tacos Food Truck will be serving up a sweet vanilla flan alongside their signature taco offerings. Be sure to stop by and try one out!
6. Coco- Merchandise – Theme Parks and Select Disney Springs Locations – Get a jump start on your Christmas shopping with a wide array of Coco-themed merchandise. The Disney gift shops are already stocked with everything from Day of the Dead-inspired t-shirts, to stuffed animals featuring characters from the film to an amazing collection of housewares like those above. So save a little extra in your budget. We’re confident that you won’t be able to resist the colorful and ornate designs featured on the Coco merchandise.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the opening of Coco next week which tell the story of 12-year-old Miguel. Miguel’s dream is to become an accomplished musician despite his family’s long-standing ban on music. In an attempt to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself on an incredible journey in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. He befriends a charming trickster named Hector and together they set off on an extraordinary quest to unlock the story behind Miguel’s family and the secrets they have kept for generations.
Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister sight Chip and Co. for the latest in Coco news and updates!
Thinking about a Christmas visit to Disneyland? Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect resort and ticket package to helping you add-in lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019