Guests still have three wonderful weeks to enjoy all that the Disney Calfornia Adventure Food & Wine Festival has to offer with delicious activities available until April 12, 2018. Highlights include the 13 festival kitchens scattered across the theme park, delicious dinners, special appearances by celebrity chefs and exclusive dinners. To give you a taste of the excitement that awaits, here’s a look at 7 of our favorite Food & Wine Festival highlights.
1. Culinary Demonstrations – The perfect offerings for budding chefs, guests can learn some culinary tricks-of-the-trade from some of the most renowned chefs in the industry. The demonstrations take place on Friday through Sunday at 4pm ant the Palisades Stage at Paradise Park. During these sessions, visitors can watch as popular chefs prepare some mouth-watering dishes, share some of their favorite recipes and let you in on a few insider tips. There is no cost to attend (other than your park admission.) However, guests can opt for the VIP package which includes reserved seating and a sample tasting fo the chef’s prepared dish. You can find out more information about the VIP package here.
2. Robert Irvine LIVE! at the Hyperion – A world-class chef, philanthropist and fitness guru, Robert will be turning up the heat during a 60-minute live stage show taking place at the Hyperion Theater on March 30th at 8 pm. You can watch him cook up some exciting dishes and are then invited to a fun tasting party afterwards. During this exclusive event, you’ll walk through some of Robert Irvine’s favorite recipes while learning more about his background as well as culinary insider tip or two!
3. Jr. Chefs – These Food & Wine Festival workshops are great especially for kids between the ages of 3 and 11. Aspiring chefs can get into the kitchen and mix up a variety of kid-friend ingredients to create a magical treat. With silly supervision from Chef Goofy, guests can expect to get a bit messy but the end product will be nothing short of delicious. The Jr. Chef kitchen is open periodically throughout the day. Head over to Hollywood Land during your visit to find out when your little ones can take part in the fun.
4. Sweet Sundays – Stop by the Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at 10 am on April 8th where pastry chef Duff Goldman will take you through some of his favorite sweet treats. The event starts with a light breakfast, a sparkling wine toast and a baking demonstration. You may even have a chance to sample the finished product!
5. Family-friendly Seminars – Heading to Food & Wine is definitely a family affair. Special family-friendly seminars cover a wide range of topics suitable for visitors of all ages including growing your own vegetables to learning how to prepare Festival Marketplace dishes. These 20-30 minute sessions take place Thursday – Sunday throughout the day at the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land. Reservations are not required.
6. Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars – Learn more about your favorite adult beverages during these 30-45 minute tasting seminars held at the Golden Vine Winery at Sanoma Terrace. Each session is presented by a beverage industry professional who will guide guests through a sample tasting. Indulge in a nice California wine, find how delicious craft beers are made, or learn how the distillation process works. The events take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11:45 am, 1:30 pm, 3:15 pm and 5 pm as well as Monday through Thursday at 5 pm. These seminars are wildly popular and advanced reservations are strongly encouraged.
7. Winemaker Dinners – For those that like a good wine, these special dinners are just the ticket. Each dinner event highlights different California wines and is accompanied by tasty dishes that serve as the perfect compliment. Here’s a quick look at some of the dinners available this season:
- Disney Family of Wines Dinner -Thursday, March 29, 2018 – 6:30 pm – 4 “Disney Family of Wines” makers will be featured during this event: Fess Parker Winery, Kurt Russell’s GoGi Wines, Silverado Vineyards and Skywalker Vineyards. Each course of the menu by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will be paired with a hand selected wine from these wineries. The event will be held at Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand California Resort & Spa and the cost is $250.00 per person.
- David Arthur Vineyards – Thursday, April 5, 2018 -6:30 PM – This 1930’s Hollywood-themed evening at Carthay Circle at Disney California Adventure Park is limited to 24 lucky guests. Its hosted by vintner David Long and includes a 4-course dinner created by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton on the North Pation. Guests are encouraged to come dressed in 1930’s attire and the cost to attend is $300.00.
We hope these 7 terrific Food & Wine Festival offerings have you wanting to visit Disneyland Resort this Spring. There are still plenty of great resort and ticket packages available so read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019