Its shaping up to be an action-packed Summer at Walt Disney World with an incredible array of new experiences featuring some of your favorite Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel Friends. The season will offer everything from a dino-tastic celebration at Animal Kingdom to new culinary delights at Disney Springs. To give you taste of what Disney World is dubbing their Incredible Summer celebration, here are 7 exciting happenings coming your way starting Memorial Day weekend 2018.
1. Toy Story Land – The biggest highlight of “Incredible Summer” will no doubt be the grand opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This exciting new addition to the park will feature 11-acres of fun where guests will feel like you’re the size of one of Andy’s toys. Toy Story Land will feature two new attractions: the family coaster Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers. The much-loved attraction Toy Story Mania will also be adding a third track to accommodate even more guests. The land will also have a brand new eatery- Woody’s Lunch Box. This quick service restaurant will offer tasty meals and old-fashioned soda-floats. As of going to print, an official opening date has not yet been announced.
2. Incredibles Dance Party in Tomorrowland – To celebrate the arrival of the “Incredibles 2” sequel (which opens in theaters on June 15, 2018), Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom will play host to many of your favorite Disney•Pixar friends including Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone and Edna Mode. The festivities will culminate in “Super” dance party which will take place at the Rocket Tower Stage. So, be sure to bring your dancing shoes!
3. Guardians of the Galaxy at the America Gardens Theatre – Speaking of dance party, taking its lead from the Guardians of the Galaxy dance party over at Disneyland, Epcot will play host to Star-Lord, Gamora and an alien band as they take over the American Gardens Theatre. The party will feature hits from Awesome Mixtapes 1 and 2 as well as those much-loved tunes from both soundtracks. So join the Guardians in this celebration in anticipation of the new Guardians of the Galaxy headlining attraction coming to Epcot in the years ahead.
4. Dino-tastic Celebration at Animal Kingdom – Donald Duck will be taking over Dinoland U.S.A for a Summer filled with pre-historic fun. The celebration will include an exciting new character celebration in honor of Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary.
5. Explorers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure – As we reported earlier this year, the long-running bird show Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom is getting a Pixar style re-working. During this new show, Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his furry four-legged friend Dug from the Pixar film “Up” will discover species of birds from around the world.
6. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire – Star Wars fans won’t want to miss this new virtual reality experience coming to Disney Springs. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will transport guests deep into the Star Wars universe where you can walk freely and untethered throughout the multisensory experience with your friends and family. Guests will team up in groups of four and go undercover as stormtroopers to capture Imperial intelligence vital to the rebellion’s survival. This new Hyper-Reality Experience is the result of a collaboration between Lucasfilm, ILMxLAB and The VOID.
7. A Host of New Openings at Disney Springs – It’s shaping up to be a huge Summer at Disney Springs with several new restaurants and watering holes opening to the public. Among these is The Edison, a lavish industrial gothic restaurant and bar. The same building also plays host to Maria & Enzo’s, an open-air Italian eatery featuring family-friendly Sicilian dishes. Speaking of Italian food, there’s also Terralina Crafted Italian. This new concept is the brainchild of James Beard and “Top Chef Master” Chef Tony Mantuano. And last but not least there’s Wine Bar George, the only Master-Sommelier-led wine bar in all of Florida. A haven for wine-lovers, this incredible watering hole is brought to Disney Springs by Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
So what are you waiting for? Summer 2018 vacation packages are currently available to book. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019