For those lucky enough to be visiting Walt Disney World in the lead-in to Valentine’s Day, there is no shortage of amazing way to show that special someone in your life that you care. From a romantic meal to a carriage ride at dusk, the possibilities are endless. Let us here at Disney Addicts be your cupid with our 14 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day at Walt Disney World.
1. Pay a visit to the Epcot International Festival of the Arts – The perfect treat for art lovers, guests can celebrate romance with a wide range of activities during this celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts. Running through until February 19th, you’ll find everything from delicious cocktails to beautiful works of arts as well as performances by Broadway stars. Check out this article for your list of Festival of the Arts activities you won’t want to miss.
2. Experience the Edison – For a truly unique night on the town, stop by this opulent “industrial gothic” hotspot that features classic American cuisine, eclectic cocktails, live music and jazz-inspired performances. The atmosphere is reminiscent of the Roaring ’20’s making it a decadent treat!
3. Romantic Dinner Experiences – Several of Walt Disney World’s impressive restaurants are offering special Valentine’s Day prixe fixe menus that include optional wine pairings, themed desserts and drinks. Restaurants offering this special treat for lovebirds includes Narcoossee’s and Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Reservations can be made online via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
4. Steal a kiss while at the parks – There are no shortage of beautiful places at Walt Disney World resort that will have you wanting to cozy up to the one you love. But, we’ll let you in on a secret. One of the ones that Disney recommends is atop The Magic Carpets of Aladdin in the Magic Kingdom with all of Adventureland lit up around you!
5. Valentine-themed photo ops – There is no shortage of amazing backdrops at Walt Disney World perfect for that romantic snap. Pose with Mickey shaped balloons on Main Street, under Rapunzel’s tower in the Magic Kingdom or be on the lookout for special Valentine’s Day props at various PhotoPass locations throughout the park.
6. Indulge in a decadent treat at Amorette’s Patisserie – If your Valentine has a sweet tooth than make Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs one of your first ports of call. This Patisserie features a wide array of mouth-watering treats including chocolate covered strawberries, an eleven-layer red velvet cake and to top it all off, sparkling French Champagne.
7. Go on a Sunset Safari at Animal Kingdom – Close out the day at Animal Kingdom where you can experience the popular Kilimanjaro Safari in a whole new light. Enjoy the tranquillity of the African savanna after the sun has set and view a wide array of exotic animals under the golden glow of dusk.
8. Surprise your loved one with a Champagne Cruise – For those looking for a romantic adventure on Lake Buena Vista, head over to The BOATHOUSE and board a 40-foot Italian water taxi. Each sailing comes complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and a champagne toast. To book the Venezia Champagne Cruise call 407.939.2628.
9. Get Pampered at Senses Spa – Both Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort are home to Walt Disney World’s luxury spa – Senses. At either location, you’ll find a wide array of therapies and treatments. Couples can even enjoy a romantic spa package for two. To book your spot call Disney at 407.WDW.SPAS.
10. Get creative at Disney Springs – There’s no shortage of incredible gifts at Disney Springs. Why not treat that special guy in your life to a bit of pampering at The Art of Shaving. This shop features high-end grooming products for the modern man. You can even treat your fella to a haircut and shave onsite in The Barber Shop.
11. Enjoy a Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – The perfect ending to the perfect day, these horse-drawn carriage rides are full of rustic romance. Ride through the prune and cypress forests at Fort Wilderness Resort where you’ll see all sorts of local wildlife from deer and rabbits to ducks and possibly even wild turkey. Check out disneyworld.com/recreation to find out more!
12. End your Magic Kingdom day with a bang! – Consider it the cherry on the top of an absolutely magical Disney day. Happily Ever After, Disney’s newest and most spectacular evening fireworks display will take you take you on a magical journey where you will revisit beloved scenes from your favorite Disney films.
13. Go for a romantic stroll around the Boardwalk – For those looking for a romantic evening out without the hustle and bustle of the theme parks will love Disney’s Boardwalk. This quarter-mile promenade features amazing dining options, unique shops and fun nightlife. As a special treat for Valentine’s visitors, the recently re-designed Flying Fish will also offer diners a prix fixe menu that includes incredible dishes like filet mignon, lobster tail and even a delicious fondue for two. Reservations can be made at 407.WDW.DINE or online via My Disney Experience.
14. Thinking of popping the question? Walt Disney World is the perfect place to get down on one knee. Those looking for creative places for a magical proposal may want to consider Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom or during Epcot’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons team who are always happy to lend a hand in helping you plan that perfect proposal. Learn more by visiting: disneyweddings.com/engagements.
We hope you’ll get a chance to ring in February 14th with one of the 14 incredible suggestions on our list! On behalf of Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. we are wishing you and yours a wonderful Valentine’s Day.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019