Summer has arrived and at Disneyland this can only mean one thing, a slew of new tasty treats have arrived at the parks and resorts. It’s shaping up to be a delicious Summer and to point you in the right direction we thought we’d share with you this delightful list of our favorite June bites!
1. Redd’s Strawberry Cake – Blue Bayou Restaurant – (pictured above) Pirates of the Caribbean re-opened yesterday (June 8th) with an exciting new addition. The auction scene has been given a facelift and a new fiery Pirate is seen gracing the shores. In honor of this female swashbuckler, Blue Bayou is offering up this tasty treat. Its made up of a sponge cake soaked in strawberry compote syrup with candied strawberry, coconut Chantilly and diced pineapple sauteed in vanilla bean and brown sugar.
2. “Cursed Pirate” Fried Octopus & Calamari- Blue Bayou Restaurant – Another dish perfect for pirate-lovers, this entree comes with andouille sausage, rum-soaked pineapple, haricot vert and a tasty remoulade.
3. Redd Velvet Cake – French Market Restaurant – If you’re heading to Disneyland this weekend to check out Pirates of the Caribbean for yourself then be sure to head over to the French Market for this goody which will only be available until June 10. This delightful red velvet cake is topped with whipped cream and garnished with a strawberry. It makes the perfect afternoon indulgence.
4. The Adventurer’s Spirit and Explorer Punch – Disneyland Hotel Pool Bar – A couple of new drinks have made their way onto the menu at the Disneyland Hotel Pool Bar. The Adventurer’s Spirit is a combination of tequila, orange juice and grenadine. Guests can also opt for the non-alcoholic Explorer Punch with pineapple juice, orange juice, lemon juice, passion fruit, guava and grenadine. Either drink pairs nicely with the Island-style hot dogs or shrimp tacos.
5. Number 1 Fan and Totally Wicked Punch – Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Pool Bar – Summer items have also sprung up over at the Grand Californian where you’ll fund the Number 1 Fan cocktail featuring blueberry vodka, lemon juice and strawberry syrup as well as the non-alcoholic Totally Wick Punch made of pineapple juice, pomegranate juice, soda water, and mango, guava and ginger flavors. They go perfectly with light bite items like Avocado Toast, Hummus, salads and pizzas.
6. Forget-Me-Not- Sand Bar – Paradise Pier Hotel – Rounding out the resorts, we head over to Paradise Pier Hotel where guests can now quench your thirst with the Forget-Me-Not cocktail. This libation is made up of coconut rum blue curaçao, piña colada mix, and whipped cream. Those look for a non-alcoholic treat will definitely want to indulge in the Lucky Fin with blood orange syrup, orange juice, and nonfat yogurt.
7. Calitalian Dinner Buffet -PCH Grill – Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel – Starting on this weekend, guests can feast on the new Calitalian Dinner Buffet. This All-You-Can-Eat buffet features Italian dishes with dishes inspired by the Tuscan countryside. Dishes include Braised Lamb Osso Bucco, House-Made Italian Meatballs, Slow-Baked Lasagna Bolognese-Style, Grilled Salmon Filet, Eggplant Parmigiana, and pasta of all sorts.
If you’re visiting Disneyland in the weeks ahead, be sure to try these new eats! Reservations are encouraged for PCH Grill and Blue Bayou with can be made via the Disneyland Resort website or by calling (714) 781-DINE .
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.